HybridZ

Turbo Z not running, need help/suggestions

Turbo280Zcar

Hey Gang,

Yes, I have been stumped. Just finished a rebuild on a stock 82 Turbo. Got it installed and wount start. Has spark, has fuel, sometimes it will catch and run for about 2 seconds, then die. Everything is basically new. Checked all parameters of the AFM, Cyl head temp sensor, etc... All look good. Just really wierd.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Chris

Competition Z

Use a timing light and check your timing. If you have fuel and spark with correct timing, it WILL start. I suspect your timing is off, you'll probably have to twist your distributor to line it up. If you truly have spark and fuel, you're not in that big of a hole.

this might help you find some of the unusual stuff.

I installed one turbo motor as is and I'm gonna rebuild another. Installing the as is motor taught me a WHOLE bunch of stuff. It would also run and drive for about 30 min then flood out consistantly. Mine would not start essentially cause there was a ball bearing in the FPR vac line and the hard section of fuel return was clogged.

Its been four days and its still goin.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=158166