HybridZ

New here got some q's

SLOWZ31

Hey,

I just got an 86 300zx with a knocking engine and I am looking to having it replaced but all the vg30's i have found have lots of miles.

What other engine is a direct swap? Can a sr20det fit?

I bought the car with what was supposedly a good engine but got screwed :fmad: now all i got is a shell and i am looking to replace the engine with something hopefully better/more powerful.

I ll post some pictures later.

Thanks

Not all that interested in a vg30e, not trying to make it the most powerful ride out there either, i already have another car for that.

I read something about a vg33, but i still have to research some more, as I said the car is basically just a shell :cry:

and I would like to swap an easy, newer (as in less miles) engine in the car.

Which cars can a source a vg30 series engine from? all the z's i have seen have lots of miles.

older pathfinder/hardbody's z31's older maxima's..etc wikipedia is your friend for random info like that. You might as well toss the vg33 idea out, as their is quite a bit of work to get it in and running. You want and easy swap. Stick with the vg30, it's an easy engine and newer doesn't always mean better, especially when you already have a car ready for a vg.

Ok. I will try to locate a low mile VG30. The reason I asked for the VG33 is that i was able to find a low mile one nearby, is it really that much work to swap a VG33 in place of a VG30? The person selling it told me the engines were very similar. Any input?