HybridZ

Seat swap list for s30's

gvincent

The RSX seats have been done before in a 280Z, they required some tunnel hump bashing though and I think they sat a little high for the person over 6ft in height.

Search the site, it may be posted in the Pinned/Stickie for seat swaps.

I don't believe the BMW 3 Series seats have been installed in a 280Z yet. They already have been installed in the 240Z and 260Z

Again do a search, Search is your best friend, the list of seats in the first post have all been confirmed installs and can be located on this site by searching.

Thanks,

Greg

i have RSX seats and let me tell you that hump is one bad mammmer jammer i felt bad with the hump bashing but they sit like an inch away from the ceiling maybe 2 they way i mounted mine. Luckily i have the base model cloth rsx seats and am willing to sell them for 400 + shipping if anybody wants them.

I will be installing some BMW 325is seats in my 75' as soon as I can get some cash in the datsun account. Will post install pics.

Thanks icapture, I am looking forward to your install, What year is the 325is?

Stopped at a local pick and pull walked the complete yard looking for any decent leather seats, Only found some decent leather seats in an Audi wagon and a Volvo wagon..I didn't even bother to measure as just by looking I knew they were too wide.

Oh well, keep on looking.....

Greg

• 3 weeks later...

Jozizo and 503Alex,

Yes please post your progress I would really like to keep this thread going and hopefully and admin will tell me how to edit my first post on this thread to keep the list updated.

Chris Stiles and icapture how you making out got any pics and stories to share yet?

Thanks everybody and keep those 280Z seat swaps coming.

Thanks,

Greg

Jozizo and 503Alex,

Yes please post your progress I would really like to keep this thread going and hopefully and admin will tell me how to edit my first post on this thread to keep the list updated.

Chris Stiles and icapture how you making out got any pics and stories to share yet?

Thanks everybody and keep those 280Z seat swaps coming.

Thanks,

Greg

Definitely will when I get them in. Unfortunately Sparco discontinued the Speed (they still make the Speed 2) and the one that they sent me was Black/Blue (one of the few left). I have changed my order to the Sprint 5, so this will delay the progress a bit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1988 Subaru Legacy.

Excuse me for questioning this but as someone who knows a little about those cars, 1990 was the first model year for the Legacy and the earliest production date I know of is in 1989. This would mean the earliest MY Legacy you could've pulled seats from would be a 1990.

Just wanted to clear that up a bit just in case people are scrounging around looking for that ever-rare 1988.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Any new 280Z seat swaps lately? I am weathering this NE winter and itching to get back to the Z car and thought I would start searching for seats again.Icapture, how did the BMW 325is series seat work out? please send pics. What year 3 series? I found some on Craigslist that I emailed, no year was listed though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Greg-

Am in the process of swapping out my mid-90's Prelude seats for late-80's Prelude seats....been wanting to do this for a while, and finally found a pair in great shape locally. Will post results soon (with pics, of course!)

Happy motoring.

r/John

• 3 weeks later...

TritleZ, there are several threads on the Miata seat swap, do a search.

I came across a nice set of 2002 Toyota Celica Leather seats and I am waiting for the person to respond with dimensions, I know I have the 2000 Celica GT on the list already so I'll post this up once I get an answer. If they seem to fit I''l buy them and document the install.

Thanks,

Greg

I am in the middle of installing 5th gen Celica leather seats right now. I ended up having to cut the hump out and patch it with a concave piece to make it work. I am using the toyota slides to a custom bracket. I just cut all of the brackets off the bottom and welded a nut inside of the track to bolt to the bracket. Currently I only have the driver seat complete but I am working on the passenger now. Here are some pics.

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

I used 1/8" plate because you have to cantilever the bracket.

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg