HybridZ

Is using a KA24DE MAF sensor on a SR20DET a good idea?

icapture

I am in need of a new maf sensor and I was wondering if I could use a MAF from a 240SX. Reason being because without one my car wont get above 2500 RPM and this is one of the last things I need to replace before I can take it out on the street, but money is tight and I have a junk yard just down the street.

My concern with using one without researching it first is that I am afraid the air/fuel mixture may be a little low since its coming off a N/A car. I also don't have a air/fuel gauge yet, so I'm kinda driving blind in that area. But I hear its an important one to keep watch.

Thanks

Adam

Your motor is in 'limp mode' when it doesn't sense the MAF. It's just enough to drive it around, but it sure sucks.

Be extremely careful when wiring up a MAF that doesn't belong on the engine. If you wire it wrong, you can burn the wires out and most likely will burn up the ECU. I've seen it happen not once, but twice over the years.

I strongly urge you not to run a KA MAF on the SR. Get the proper MAF and save yourself the trouble of destroying your engine, or your ECU and harness. At best, you will have a power robbing bottleneck in front of your turbo.

You can run different MAF's with an SAFC installed. If you can get your hands on the Z32TT MAF, that one is ideal. You just need to adjust the input and output settings on the SAFC, and it works like a charm.

Your motor is in 'limp mode' when it doesn't sense the MAF. It's just enough to drive it around, but it sure sucks.

Be extremely careful when wiring up a MAF that doesn't belong on the engine. If you wire it wrong, you can burn the wires out and most likely will burn up the ECU. I've seen it happen not once, but twice over the years.

I strongly urge you not to run a KA MAF on the SR. Get the proper MAF and save yourself the trouble of destroying your engine, or your ECU and harness. At best, you will have a power robbing bottleneck in front of your turbo.

You can run different MAF's with an SAFC installed. If you can get your hands on the Z32TT MAF, that one is ideal. You just need to adjust the input and output settings on the SAFC, and it works like a charm.

thanks for the info hugh. I was definitely concerned with the idea of using a MAF that didnt come off the car, especially it being a turbo car. I am going to follow your advice and go with a SR MAF

I've got a stock sr20det maf that i'll sell to you. I never ran it but it came off of my motor set.

PM'd ya

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...