HybridZ

HybridZ Forum Software Change!

johnc

HybridZ is Changing Its Forum Software

Note: If you do not want to read all of this then at least READ THE FIRST TWO SECTIONS BELOW OR YOU MAY PERMANENTLY LOOSE YOUR EXISTING HYBRIDZ ACCOUNT!

Know Your Password

Make darn sure you know what your password is for your account and that your email address is up to date. DO THIS NOW!!! We cannot stress this enough.

You will be required to login to the new forum software once the site is back up. We know most of you stay permanently logged into the site and may have forgotten your password so you need to take care of that now.

Make Sure Your eMail Account is Current

Make sure your email is up to date. This is the only way the system and the admins can communicate with you. Its the ONLY way password resets can be performed. Make sure your spam filter is not blocking emails from hybridz.org.

This is very important because sending the admins requests to reset your password will most likely end up in the trash can for security reasons. This is especially true if you send an email to an admin from an email account that is different than the one listed in your account profile. Don’t even bother.

Why is This Happening

In short, V-Bulletin has changed hands, got rid of the staff that made VB as good as it was, started charging more $$$ for less forum, latest software of VB is a MESS to say the least. We are converting to Invision Power Board. It has a little different feel and architecture than V-Bulletin.

There is also the issue of out photo albums… what can we say? It’s a mess. The new software will have a nicely integrated photo gallery and some other features that are fully integrated within the forum core software.

We know a lot of people do not handle change very well and are going to get all bent out of shape about this because it’s “new” and “different”. We are trying to manage this site in a professional manner and prevent a situation where we become more dependent on a product that has a questionable future and seemingly sketchy business practices. Dan has done a lot of reasearch and a lot vB customers are moving to IPB like rats from a sinking ship. He's also talked to a few of these former vB admins and they have been very happy with IPB so far.

What You Should Know About the Conversion

The time slip database will NOT be converted over. We have a new much nicer time slip application and the data formats are not compatible.

It’s going to take about 12 hours to do the full conversion. This will begin on February 20th at approx 5:00am PST. The site will be inaccessible during the conversion.

The 1st priority will be to get the forums converted and configured correctly. Once that is done we “may” bring the forums back online while we continue to convert the rest of the data like the photo albums etc. If the site gets hammered to hard and impedes the conversion process we will have to take it down. Our database is over 1 GB large and we have about 30GB in data files, photos, attachments etc to convert. The conversion process is VERY resource intensive.

Once the site is back up the very 1st thing you should do after logging in is go to your user control panel and have a look at the setting and configure them to your liking.

Edited by SuperDan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As we step into the minutes were after many members will mope around as if the world ended i bid farewell to all and with these few hours of down time go out and get that z one step closer to being on the road. I myself will finish my rear disc and 5 lug swap.

Also what is the new sites addy, and the iphone skin thing if its a one time fee of 10$ i will give that plus donate 10$.

They're still there, but they're called Watched Topics.

It organizes them by subforum. For some reason they aren't in chronological order, even within the subforum grouping.

Anybody yet know how to replicate the old system of having your watched topics sorted chronologically?

I've just found something that bugs me, the old forum, once you clicked "New Posts" listed what is new, and once it comes to the end, it carried on after a little note, listing what isn't new, but for which the threads had not been read.

I found that useful, since I can be half way through a new posts list checking on what is new, and have to close the computer and go do something work related. The old way I could close up, come back some time later and do a new posts search and continue past the little note of when I last logged in, and continue reading back through the lists of unopened threads to the timestamp I desired.

Now, the "View New Content" only lists what is new since the last login. If I have to log out and buzz of to work at something, when I come back, I loose all those notifications of the other threads I hadn't yet gotten around to reading.

Is there some way of making the "View New Content", display a longer list of threads like the old "New Posts"?

Ok, I am officially LOST.

Where do I find this watched threads link? I thought I had found it last night but now I don't know where I found it.

Also, I use to log into the control panel and all my subscribed unread threads were right there with newest ones at the top. Is this what the watched threads link looks like, or do i have to scroll through a few hundred threads to see which are unread?

Cheers

Brad

Ok, I am officially LOST.

Where do I find this watched threads link? I thought I had found it last night but now I don't know where I found it.

Also, I use to log into the control panel and all my subscribed unread threads were right there with newest ones at the top. Is this what the watched threads link looks like, or do i have to scroll through a few hundred threads to see which are unread?

Cheers

Brad

This is how I get to that part.

First I select My Settings - then I go to the forum tab and then manage watched topics

If I can workout how to attach in a reply I would show you some pics.