HybridZ

toyota 4 piston caliper spacer size

ok, I'm looking for the size of the spacer needed to use the s12w calipers with the 300zx rotors... I have tried to contact modern motorsports via email in the past, multiple times about multiple items, to no avail... I don't think they wanted to deal with someone looking to buy bare minimums to put there kit together for cheap.... maybe They just were on sabaticle.. I don't know, I have tried searching, I can't find the size of the spacer I need (thickness wise is all I need)....I might just have to use the age old gues and check till I find the desired thickness lol.... But I would greatly appreciate the help to simplify headaches lol..

Hmmm, good question, I guess I really don't know if the spacer and hub bolt patterens are different.

oh, i meant 4x100 as the spacer bolt size as it looks to be smaller then the 4x114.3 when measure. is it 4x114.3 and 4x114.3 either bolt pattern?

of coarse there the same size, the same studs that hold the wheel on are the same studs the rotors slide over arent they.... so for a 280z I need .375" (3/8") spacers..wow, a little thicker than I expected... I guess that it wouldn't be a good idea to try and cheat it and not use any then aye.... and its not some oddly obscure size either..

also someone might wanna post this info in the sticky! like front page sort of info deal.... I searched for a while with no luck.... after reading the first page I started skimming 17 pages is alot of reading.... and this is a key ingredient in the special sauce ya know...

4 X 114.3 is the bolt pattern (four lugs at 114.3 mm spacing) If you actually convert 114.3 mm to inches you get 4.5".

stprasinz

I just posted info and pictures this on another post about 16 X 9 wheels http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=159323 (look way down at the bottom), but your clearance for the S12W calipers depends on what rims you end up with. I am running Wats and used .625" spacers. You can always shim with washers to make sure, measure the washer stack, and then order the correct dimension ones. That way they are perfect.

yeah, the bolt spacing for the rims, and rotors is 114.3(4.5) at .375" (3/8). And running different rims shouldn't affect spacing of the rotors and calipers... oh, your reffereing to the spacers of the rim to caliper clearence. I was loking for the amount or thickness of spacer needed to properly space the caliper to rotor clearance... not rim to caliper clearance... thank you for the response though.. I wonder if I will nee to do something about that also though, I'll be running centerline 15's so hopefully this won't be a problem.....

WRONG!!! i think some misunderstood my question.

i just went outside and put my hub against my rotors 4x114.3 holes and the hub bolt pattern(hub) in no way the same as the stud pattern. it is smaller!!! so both is different in pattern. 4x114.3 in wheel stud pattern and 4x??? in hub bolt hole pattern.

its not as easy as some may think(me). i heard people saying they use regular spacers but the back of the hub is bigger so you cant just get any wheel spacers and put it on because the factory hub is way bigger than an average wheel spacer hub bore.

i guess my question wasn't clear.