HybridZ

Jtr mounts

I made mine based on the JTR manual. I had to look at a pic to remember where the setback plate was. As I look at it, I dont see how it could be against the block. how would it clear the fuel pump block off?

Edited by Eric JB

• 3 weeks later...

I respectfully disagree. The JTR book basically told me nothing. There were no instructions on how to bolt up the mounts.

im not a mechanic by any means. I can do basic stuff like brakes, radiator change, small jobs etc. I bought the JTR book, bought the GM mounts it said to buy, and did what the book said to and my 350 its sitting nice and cozy in my 260z. Took a lot of trial and error, but mostly due to not hammering the transmission tunnel enough to make room for my tranny. Mounting the motor mounts to the block with the JTR stuff was one of the easiest steps i have had since i started my swap. If i were any good and electrical and made of money to buy more stuff to finish it, I would be on the road already, lol. 

Good luck with your swap man. 

I dont know if this is some closely guarded government secret or what but,failure

after tirelessly searching for some info and or illustrations to EXACTLY how the JTR V8 conversion mounts are set up on the Z crossmember mounts.......I took out a 327 with fabbed mounts from JTR blueprints and it looked INCREDIBLY INCORRECT.

The setback plates were bolted directly to the block, can that be right.....?

I dont want to pay $35 to see a picture of what this is supposed to look like......

Make any sense or no..........???

Any help would be appreciated..............

I have added a pic to the origional setup.............http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad6/counterintel/PA220567.jpg

here are some photos of my mounts mounted right as i drop motor in. hope these help

post-28014-0-21600300-1405093953_thumb.png

post-28014-0-48082100-1405093963_thumb.png

• 11 months later...

I just purchased my motor mounts, JTR plates and spacers. I am hoping to get some more current feed back(since this post is 5 years old) on which way is best to bolt them all together. Some pros and cons to motor mount to set back plate to spacer to motor vs motor mount to spacer to set back plate to motor would be appreciated. I know either way will work but I am just hoping to see what most everyone else has done.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Finally getting round to installing my SBC into my 72 240Z here in the UK using the JTR mount kit, to me the JTR manual is quite specific on which way round the mounts and spacers should go. On page 2-1 Mike states that the spacers go between the block and the set back plates, this is also backed up by the drawing on page 2-4 which asks you to remove material from the Chevy mount for bolt clearance inferring that the offending bolt is one that goes onto the set back plate newly attached to the mount, however if you put the set back plate to the block then this bolt does not interfere with mount as the large spacer takes it away from the Chevy mount.

My only concern is that there may be a good structural reason for doing it the JTR way? It seems preferable to me to put the plates to the block as this eliminates the need to cut out the section in the new mount for bolt clearance.

Any more thoughts anyone?