HybridZ

LSX powered 240z

blueshark123

I think LS1 cars range from about 15k-25k depends on how much work has been done. Basic clean swaps with stock parts still on the car and decent paint....10-15k. Not saying my car is the nicest because there are plenty of Z cars on this site I would love to own....I have done, swap, mods to motor, brakes, suspen, paint, and other odds and ends. I think it adds atleast 5k to the value even if I have 15k worth of parts. So honestly I think $20k for my car is a great deal if you don't want to build one and your taste is close to what mine is but I have to add $5k to that price for me to even think about selling it.

Some of these LSx cars I see on HBZ I think are great deals because all the work and time has been put in. I just started to like the build part of the cars, reason why I started another one. So how much is your time worth?

Jeff is right, I wouldn't take less than 25k for it and I know I have much more than that into it but you don't build cars to make money and if one thought the price was high, I would say price it all out and build =P

Clive , I posed the question to see what Z people think the top end of the market for a nice turnkey V8 car is. There are some out there that want a V8Z but dont have the time to build one but have the money to purchase. Is the upper end $40k ? $50k?I know many will state that this is nuts and no one would pay this for a car but then we had a customer put over 6 figures into building a LS powered Z. So what is the reality of the market?

Clive , I posed the question to see what Z people think the top end of the market for a nice turnkey V8 car is. There are some out there that want a V8Z but dont have the time to build one but have the money to purchase. Is the upper end $40k ? $50k?I know many will state that this is nuts and no one would pay this for a car but then we had a customer put over 6 figures into building a LS powered Z. So what is the reality of the market?

Larry, I think if someone can get $25k-$30k for their lsx Z car that has all the right parts...I say that is great! If someone can get $40k-$50k for one built by a pro shop that was a full resto....great! Anything above that just falls into the range, a fool and their money will soon be parted...and I don't mean that in a bad way. If money was no object to me, I am sure I would pay lots of money for some of the cars on this side. There is a lsx car here for sale right now for $40k.....hard to fetch that kinda of money on a DIY site but someone who has the money and really wants it may pay that somewhere else.

The one or two people who will pay $40k plus for a LSx car doesn't mean that is market value. I still believe $30k is top end of the Z market, unless it is a flat out race car.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

bump...

I have not been on the site for a while so I missed this thread.

Somewhere a bit north of $25K might get me to part with mine too.

Boholio and Clive have seen my car and know how clean it is.

med_2007-zcon-03-0068B.jpg

http://forums.hybridz.org/uploads/500/med_On_the_Road_240Z_LS1_and_510_godbye_053.jpg

Edited by qwik240z

A basic LS1 swapped Z will fetch $12k.....no way would that buy mine, Daves and a few other Z cars here. Not to put anyone's car down but I think Janaka had the nicest ls1 car for sale so far and the price was very fair. If I didn't have one, like cygnusx1 I would prob have bought it.

Edited by EvilC