HybridZ

My new 260Z

Just read through the entire post. Great project and build! Glad to see you consistently update us when you get something else done. Love the fender flares and roll cage. Overall I think the car is gorgeous, and as a 260z owner, I think you made the right choice, lol. I did notice though...is that rust on the right rear of the car? What are your long term plans for the car?

Let us know how the noise reduction is. I wouldn't mind using that or a lot of rubberized coating and sound proof padding. Really want mine to be pretty quiet. It was way too noisy before I started the tear-down.

You are correct about the rust behind the right rear wheel. It looks as though someone may have backed into something which made the paint come off. It is just surface rust that I should try to repair. Luckily there isnt any rot just random bits of surface rust. The previous owner had the head light buckets molded to the fenders. They did a poor job and now they are cracking and starting to rust where the paint came off.

My goal I to tackle the body work my self and have the car painted white but keep the flare a satin black.

About using a rubberized citing and then sound proof padding, take a look at the information on other forums about making your own lizard skin product using latex paint and micro ceramic air balloons.

Here is a link to another forum.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=511370

Edited by padam07

• 1 year later...

I had some plans for the Z while the car was parked for the winter which I started on February 16th. I removed my rear suspension to figure out where the loud clunking noise was coming from. Turns out that a previous owner custom fabricated strut mounts for the rear coilovers and they have worn out so bad that every time the rear suspension unloaded the mount moved.

Because I did not have any parts on hand to fix it I left the car as is and went home to start looking into how to fix it.

The next day I was having lunch at my parents before work and on my way to my car I slipped on ice in the driveway and this happened.......

The foot is not supposed to point in that direction.

20140217_161847_zps9r17wswt.jpg

20140217_185703_zpsuxeqasnt.jpg

20140221_143411_zpsb1uomtoe.jpg

Post surgery

The long screw will have to be removed once every thing heals. It was put there because all the ligaments were torn and the tibia would not stay in place.

20140311_153224_zpsb1wygdts.jpg

20140311_152806_zpstx1gvsi6.jpg

Basically I dislocated my ankle and broke the fibula. It will be a total on 3 months that I will not be able to to put weight on my leg. I am currently in a cast for a month and after that I will be in a boot (though still no weight bearing) for another month.

As I sit here basically not being able to much I decided to buy some parts for my pain and suffering.

20140326_091945_zps9knxunpm.jpg

Brand new front and rear weld in camber plates manufactured by Techno Toy Tuning (T3). A friend of mine will be doing the installation.

• 3 years later...

Update:  Its been over 3 years since I have touched the Z.  The car has been on jack stands since the day before i broke my leg.  After recovering life happened and I never have been able to get back at it.  It has cost me over $4500 in storage fees in the mean time.  This past weekend a couple friends and I busted ass and finished installing the rear bolt in camber plates.  Installed the new parking brake cable that had snapped and installed the new distributor that got recurved and the vacuum secondary removed.    I don't have many pictures except the pictures of it going on the trailer when it was leaving the garage that I have been renting for the past 10+ years. 

20170908_222418_zpsxsxwoklc.jpg

Here it sits at home.  I have to adjust the ride height out back as we were dog tired at the end of the night.

20170909_075119_zps1dq0tguj.jpg

I also got some new tires that I need for the front for real cheap.  $120 for a set of 4!!

20728_zpsfulumcfg.jpeg

Edited by padam07