HybridZ

My 240 SR20 Build

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LoL -

I live in Oregon, which means it rains, rains, rains, and rains some more all winter, so I've been hibernating really. I honestly haven't touched the car for about three months.

I do have updates though -

I've got two corbeau forzas ready to go in, just need to fabricate some mounts for them, plus got the front and rear fiberglass bumpers for it.

Then it's just some paint on the hood, bumpers, and front valance, then I have to buy a couple things to get driving really:

Tach and Speedo

Exhaust ???

But, to be presentable, I need to buy the following -

Wheels/Tires 1100

Fender Flares 250

Megan Coilovers 800

Adapter Tubes 250

Rear Spoiler 250

This weekend I'll be working on the brakes and looking at getting the interior done and seats started/fitted - I'll take some pics too. Gimme 3k and I'll speed it all right up!

• 2 weeks later...

I cleaned her up today... Things are moving along nicely.

ZG Flares are Arriving Monday

Odyssey PC680 is on it's way

FG Bumpers are sanded down and ready for filler/bondo to clean them up

Corbeau Seats - Driver's is on sliders and almost ready to bolt in.

I need suspension, wheels, and tires... bad.

IMAG0055.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0046.jpg

IMAG0045.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0032.jpg

IMAG0031.jpg

Awesome, Ill be doing my own build on my 70 240z when I finish fixing my house I just bought. 2 car garage that I carpeted from the old carpet in the house so I can sit comfortable on the ground. The color I was thinking of doing is almost the same color as yours. I'm using my motorcycle stock color. I'll upload a photo when I'm at a computer, it'll be blue from mt bike, or red from another hybridz owners 240, or maybe a gunmetal grey. Leaning towards the blue or red.

post-15914-098696500 1303574084_thumb.jpg

post-15914-024043200 1303574103_thumb.jpeg

post-15914-090066400 1303574175_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alex731

I like all the colors but the red... I was originally looking at running the color of the lamborghini lp640, but went with a simpler and much cheaper paint option. :)

This last weekend I was able to get the passenger seat mounted (with barely anything to spare). I'll try to get the driver's seat in and take some pics, although I still have them wrapped up in the bubble wrap. (Corbeau Forzas)

The odyssey pc680 battery is in its home under the hatch plate near the fuel cell, but I still haven't got it secured in yet, but I'll work on that this week.

The fiberglass bumpers, fender flares, hood, and front xenon valance are still waiting for paint, but I hope in the next few weeks I can get my painter friend to finish them all up and get them mounted up and the front valance lights wired up and good to go.

Autometer SportComp electric tach and speedo should be on their way soon and wired up.

Then it's just bit and pieces of interior stuff to work on, and cleaning up things here or there.

My list is getting shorter of what I'm looking at picking up before I'm comfortable taking it out:

Coilovers

ZCC tubes and plates for the Coils

PDK rear strut bar/harness bar

Harnesses

Wheels and Tires

Exhaust System

Got the seats in today, plus the front grill on.

Started her up and she ran decently, I had to tighten up the line to the clutch slave cylinder and a coolant line, but it pulled out of the garage and moved on it's own, which is a first.

Once I get the new odyssey battery hooked up I'll take it to an exhaust shop and have the system fabbed up. (I'm waiting for the taylor master disconnect switch for the rear of the car in order to finish the battery wiring, plus the G-Force harnesses prior to driving it around)

Here's some nice pics -

IMAG0069.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

I've been building up my list again, so it's up to another 20 items plus to do. It never seems to get close to ending. I've ordered up the consult connector and software for the diagnostic ability and ECU connect, which will help insanely with tweaking things and later upgrades as well.

Here's a part of my current list, which never seems to get shorter. Not on it are the wheels/tires/coilovers and the modifications neccesary to make them all work. Ugh.

Fill Bumpers /Sand / Re-prime

Hand Sand Fender Flares / Prime

Wire Battery / Install Master Disconnect Switch in Rear

Wire Fan Controller Permanently

Wire Turn Signals/HB LED light indicators in console

Wire Consult Female Connector to ECU

Measure /Mark Location for Roll Bar Harness Bar Location at 20 degrees below harness holes

Remove Roll Bar

Get Harness Bar Added to Roll Bar (Fabshopz?)

Reinstall Roll Bar

Mount Harnesses

Paint Top Dash Plate/Install Plate

Test Mount Rear Bumper

Buy Shift Boot

Install Shift Boot

Plug in window switches

Secure Center Console

Install Carpet

Install Side Kick Panels

Install Shift Knob

Install Tach

Order Speedo / Install --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upon Consult Plug Arrival -

Check Sensor Operation within specs

Check / Adjust Timing

Check Codes

Install Front Valance/ Reinforce

Install and Wire Front Signals/Marker Lights

Install Hood / Hood Pins

Install Front Bumper

Install Exhaust

Crap, lost my hosted pics. Please lock for posterity sake!

I'll rebuild the original with a new thread I guess...

Until then...

Click here for my rehosted thread on another forum

Edited by TheMission

• 2 months later...