HybridZ

7mgt weight

onthego-

I currently have a l28 swapped into my 240z, no big deal.

I currently have a built 7m turbo motor in my supra. Probably will never be able to sell it for what I put in it so I was getting crazy ideas of swapping the 7m into the z.

Anyone know the weight of a NA L28 compared to a turbo 7m?

It looks like it would sit nicely behind the crossmeber and help center things out..

I have eiback springs, tokico shocks.

I dont really want to mess with coilovers and dont want to mess with the balance of the vehicle too much.

Ive heard of the drawbacks to putting v8s in.

So if there are any 7m swap experts here. Please chime in. WOuld love to chat...

• 1 year later...

Unrelaible and its just gonna be a lemon..................

Unsupported opinion that adds nothing to the OP........ The 7m is a great motor that gets a bad rap for low head stud torque.

Check the Toyota section there are plenty of guys running 7m's with great results.

I would say if the car is straight and set up how you like then do it! If not start with small things till the L28 swap dies and swap in the 7m.

Edited by neotech84

No dude I had went through 2 in my mk3 supra even aftter I got a metal headgasket and arp studs trust me, but whatever your money your problems right im just putting my .02 cents online so people arent wasting their money like I did

Yes its up there with the jz family when done right but reliabilty isnt really there at all

No dude I had went through 2 in my mk3 supra even aftter I got a metal headgasket and arp studs trust me, but whatever your money your problems right im just putting my .02 cents online so people arent wasting their money like I did

Yes its up there with the jz family when done right but reliabilty isnt really there at all

Funny comments since it's widely believed that one of the most impressive street cars on this forum was powered by a 7m... And fairly reliably as I recall...

I'm just saying that there's plenty of people saying both. I've met people that have built 7m after 7m with nothing but good luck, but there's also people that can't seem to get them to last.

My guess is that they're just finicky motors to build correctly. But if someone has one that's been fine thus far, I'd say go ahead and throw it into a S30 and have a blast.

It's just like the KA vs. SR argument each have weakness you have to build it right.

Sorry to hear you had bad luck, I was quick to jump on your post because it was unsupported hearsay. I can't read minds so I went off what was there. I appreciate having the full picture now.

• 1 year later...