HybridZ

Roll Cage Designs

McClain87

im trying to find a good useful design on a roll cage. so i guess this is to all who have roll cages or those who know a lot about designing them. If you could post the pics on here for the others who are interested in the same thing as i am. thanks

Why don't you check out this thread:

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/84521-s30-roll-cage-examples/

S130 and S30 roll cage designs would be very similar, especially if you went to a coil over setup in the back of the S130.

S130 and S30 roll cage designs would be very similar, especially if you went to a coil over setup in the back of the S130.

Doesn't the S130 have a coilover setup from the factory?

I think (correct me if I'm wrong John) that what John is getting at is that the bars that attach to the hoop and back (backstays) should be attached to the strut towers if the spring loads hit there. I would argue that it doesn't matter if it is spring and shock loads or just shock loads, the backstays should attach to the tower regardless. In a separate spring and shock setup, more load gets transferred through the shock than the spring.

Doesn't the S130 have a coilover setup from the factory?

I think (correct me if I'm wrong John) that what John is getting at is that the bars that attach to the hoop and back (backstays) should be attached to the strut towers if the spring loads hit there. I would argue that it doesn't matter if it is spring and shock loads or just shock loads, the backstays should attach to the tower regardless. In a separate spring and shock setup, more load gets transferred through the shock than the spring.

You're right. I was just kinda emphasizing the coil over part due to the assumed (on my part) increased spring rate.

Here is a S130 half cage, designed to be suitable for street use, no head high bars to beat your brains out in a crash. The only parts forward of the hoop are the two low side bars that angle down to the bottom of the floor just behind the A pillar. Car has been in use for a while now, no problems.

post-185-12676844793554_thumb.jpg

Edited by 260DET

Here is a S130 half cage, designed to be suitable for street use, no head high bars to beat your brains out in a crash. The only parts forward of the hoop are the two low side bars that angle down to the bottom of the floor just behind the A pillar. Car has been in use for a while now, no problems.

Here my full cage, it was built with FIA annex K in mind, so sadly no crossovers to the strut towers (wich i would have really liked) It was built By VA-Motorsports in the netherlands, and as you can see it is a qaulity piece, He also makes stuff for serious datsun competitioncars like alluminum door hinges ect.

post-373-12676877971374_thumb.jpg

post-373-12676878271515_thumb.jpg

post-373-12676878755753_thumb.jpg

post-373-1267687919104_thumb.jpg