HybridZ

WTB 1983 280zx-t

WaiDai

i am looking for a manual (no automatics)1983 280zx turbo (no 2x2) that is stock or near stock (no modifications to body, nor anything that will effect smog) and runs well. i am looking for one with little to no rust and a non digital dash (may have to settle if none are found). I would like it to have all options like a.c.c. power windows, t-top etc. clean title is a must! i live in long beach california (socal) and would prefer driveable locations for the car, if not, video of car would be needed for inspection purposes. not looking toward shipping but may consdier it if there are no other options. my price range is sumwhere between 0-3.5 k. if there are no 1983s... then 1982 will be my second choice so if anyone post 82's i will consider them. :blink:

Edited by WaiDai

i am looking for a manual (no automatics)1983 280zx turbo (no 2x2) that is stock or near stock (no modifications to body, nor anything that will effect smog) and runs well. i am looking for one with little to no rust and a non digital dash (may have to settle if none are found). I would like it to have all options like a.c.c. power windows, t-top etc. clean title is a must! i live in long beach california (socal) and would prefer driveable locations for the car, if not, video of car would be needed for inspection purposes. not looking toward shipping but may consdier it if there are no other options. my price range is sumwhere between 0-3.5 k. if there are no 1983s... then 1982 will be my second choice so if anyone post 82's i will consider them. :blink:

bump with hope please, 1982's are welcome >_> nothing lower though.

You need to double your price range for a nice car, just fyi. or try the guys over at classiczcar

Ive found a few to my interest and were priced from 2-3.5 k and the only prob was turbo was modded (2k one) and couldnt pass smog, also it was lowered quite to low which i didnt mind much but helped be decide against it, also many other factors. and the one that was 3.5k - change dto 3.2k all cash sold before i got my money T_T which was a week after i viewed it. really sad after that. but yea i dont mind how many miles its got. i just want it to be driveable with stock body and internals. rust is not a biiig issue unless its in the wrong areas. i just want an 83 due to it being the last year and had the most done to it before changeing its body style plus i like the body style of it. but yea im still firm on my price range. im a college student looking for a toy, not a guy looking for a garaged car -_-

I've got a clean 88 red z31 turbo, that passed smog last month for $2700 if your interested.

sorry not interested in 300's due to how many there are in long beach cali. i want the more muscle car look that the 240/260/280 has but i specificaly want a 280zx 83' due to reason posted above =D

Maybe you already know, but 5 speed was only offered in 1983. There is no 1982 Manual 280zxt unless it was swapped. I have an 83 but it's ot of your asking price range. Good luck, it's a great car.

unless its not from america =D or swapped.

"i am looking for a manual (no automatics)1983 280zx turbo"

I have decided to sell my 82 turbo car and plan to list it on Ebay later this week. It is super fine, "clean as a pin" and has about 70 K original miles on the clock. It will bring a price far beyond what you are offering for a car in similar condition. Perhaps my East Coast (SC) location will help to support the expected higher selling price. Good luck with your search.

"i am looking for a manual (no automatics)1983 280zx turbo"

I have decided to sell my 82 turbo car and plan to list it on Ebay later this week. It is super fine, "clean as a pin" and has about 70 K original miles on the clock. It will bring a price far beyond what you are offering for a car in similar condition. Perhaps my East Coast (SC) location will help to support the expected higher selling price. Good luck with your search.

lols the expected price can vary sicne urs is super clean im sure its worth more then what i have to offer, but im not looking really for one thats super clean. it can have rust but nothing major, and the miles on engine i can care less. but yea i already am considering 82's and i have one lined up for 1500 right now =D in repairs will bring me to 2500 =D but atleast it will have new parts in it. and is stock to the bone from what i have been told... besides the darn cat is gone but 1500 is low enough so i can get one. 83's are just so darn hard to find >_< atleast so far

• 2 weeks later...

wellll, just happened to come across one, its in good shape just needs the fuel hooked up/clutch/slave bled (just some small stuff), ill sell it without fixing it for 2k, or i can fix it and itll be 2500 its got the T5 and a clean brown/tan interior (including crack free dash and nice door panels with the 280zx in them) but needs some minor work listed above. But it is stock with no mods rolling on the stock wheels and everything. If youre interested email me at datsundriver88@hotmail.com and i can get you some pics.

wellll, just happened to come across one, its in good shape just needs the fuel hooked up/clutch/slave bled (just some small stuff), ill sell it without fixing it for 2k, or i can fix it and itll be 2500 its got the T5 and a clean brown/tan interior (including crack free dash and nice door panels with the 280zx in them) but needs some minor work listed above. But it is stock with no mods rolling on the stock wheels and everything. If youre interested email me at datsundriver88@hotmail.com and i can get you some pics.

email sent