HybridZ
Bartman

Drifting at Adams

I was out in my Z this weekend and someone came up to me to tell me he liked my car. We started talking and he told me about drifting at Adams in Riverside. I know there are plenty of people here that don't like drifting, but I enjoy watching it and think it takes quite a bit of skill to do well. Anyone been to Adams or is interested in going? http://www.adamsmotorsportspark.com/2009/2009/thursday-night-drifting/

Wish I had been or could go but I'm in the wrong part of the country. In addition to my Z exploits I also have a miata built for drift that I love playing with sideways. Its been down for a turbo and manifold swap while I've been focused on my Z and I miss is something fierce.

MAN! I guess I know where I'm going Thursday Night!

(At least not the FIRST and SECOND Thursday Night of the month---those are Z-Club meetings... And come to think of it, I got to attend the Board Meeting on the LAST Thursday Night of the month for the club that meets on the SECOND Thursday of the month... so that only leaves me....THIRD THURSDAY of the month to be at Adams...)

That's like 15 minutes from my house, on surface streets, with no chance of (as Obi-Wan Kenobi would say...) "No Imperial Entanglements" B)

Not that Riverside Cops would be looking for drifters on their streets. I mean, Fairmont Park is just across the 215/60 Freeway, and they call in Drug Busts there all the time...Don't EVEN ask me how I know this! :D

i love drifting, but i have to say doing so in our Zeds is quite hard. Something about the cars is hard to grasp the perfect 'sweet spot' too little and nothing happens, a bit more and it spins. Hard to get a perfectly pretty competition drift going. Also due to the suspension design and a relatively large turning radius, the angle of the drift isn't very big. I think that has alot of effect on the small sweet spot, when you go a bit over, you cant turn far enough to pull your rear back.

Edited by J__