HybridZ

Fixing my rusty car

72240Z

I was in the same boat you were except my frame was in a little better shape. Took me awhile to get to the point I am at now but its pretty amazing to see how far it has come. Buy yourself "Or rent like me" a mig and get familiar with cutting sheetmetal. BTW I'm 16 so if I can do it you can to. Bookmarked your thread and if ya want check out my build.

post-9394-12678347667033_thumb.jpg

Test fitting the new floor.

post-9394-12678348557194_thumb.jpg

New floor welded in.

post-9394-12678348719521_thumb.jpg

New frame rail test fit.

post-9394-12678348852513_thumb.jpg

Rear of new frame rail.

I was just looking at your bio. and notice we were both born on the 19th of April and both own the best cars ever made the Z. KEEP THAT Z ALIVE!

Yea but your just a kid.

I have to do the same for one of my Zeez. Thanks for the motivation and the HELL with all those that say "its not worth it" ect..ect... Keep up the great job your doing on your project. Yes, at 45 i still consider myself a kid, no, lets say a Z kid. Thanks, and KEEP THE Z ALIVE!

CIMG2829.jpg

So this is gonna sound weird but I LOVE YOU! I have the same rust areas on my car, except I actually think I am better off. Today I have been finding more stuff to help me fix it! Super stoked thanks for posting this up. Was the firewall and battery area hard? That is my main worry? It looks difficult and I am sure it will be I am worried about cutting up near that frame rail.