HybridZ

240sx dash in a ......280ZX

luvmy280zxt

Hey everyone!! Well I recently happen to have a 240sx dash and center consol and all the parts and pieces fall into my lap for free from a good buddy of mine. So I decided to check the site here and see if anyone has tried this. It seems like it has been done on a few 1st gen Z cars and I think it looks pretty cool. I havent found any info though on if it has been done on a zx. So if any one knows or has seen it done or even have a few pics of it on a zx, kindly let me know. It would be much appreciated. I did find in my searches the Valdini web site but only saw the 1st gen car with the conversion done. Thanx for any help in advance.

What year and type Zx since there is a 280zx and a 300zx and a few years between might be helpful. Otherwise if you don't daily drive your car might as well take the dash out and see if it would work, you would probably have to build a custom frame. Like everyone says if you have the time,money, and skills why not?

What year and type Zx since there is a 280zx and a 300zx and a few years between might be helpful. Otherwise if you don't daily drive your car might as well take the dash out and see if it would work, you would probably have to build a custom frame. Like everyone says if you have the time,money, and skills why not?

Oops, my bad. Its an 81zxt.

Anyone??

Well....I measured a 240sx dash i have and it is 54in. About 4in too long. LOL So its definatly going to need some trimming. When I centered it though it looked like it look fairly nice in my 81 zxt. So I think Im going to go ahead and give it a try begining in April. I wont make any promises and say Ill start a thread but If I get a good camera I will......wish me luck!