HybridZ

Power and timing

Fat Daddy

I`ve got a 75` 280z with 260cc turbo injectors, in a NA engine, while the turbo is getting a rebuild. I`ve been in contact with sds and they say that I have 32,33 degrees under RPM IGN so if I have another 18 ADV then total is 51 degrees. After reading a few posts, I get the feeling that I am past my optimum timing. I didn`t set the computer but, I was assured it wasn`t pinging. Now my tuner friend is no longer around, so I`d like to take matters into my own hands lol, but I`m not sure how to go about finding the best timing.

I`ve also found an on line way to view the spread sheets through ``Google docs`` and Gmail. If anyone has a map to share, that might be a good way to send it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=t7fgjkeDfgbY0dbtvOY_NBgan

That`s the link to my spread sheet. Let me know if anyone can read it ;)

I`ve got a 75` 280z with 260cc turbo injectors, in a NA engine, while the turbo is getting a rebuild. I`ve been in contact with sds and they say that I have 32,33 degrees under RPM IGN so if I have another 18 ADV then total is 51 degrees. After reading a few posts, I get the feeling that I am past my optimum timing. I didn`t set the computer but, I was assured it wasn`t pinging. Now my tuner friend is no longer around, so I`d like to take matters into my own hands lol, but I`m not sure how to go about finding the best timing.

I`ve also found an on line way to view the spread sheets through ``Google docs`` and Gmail. If anyone has a map to share, that might be a good way to send it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=t7fgjkeDfgbY0dbtvOY_NBgan

That`s the link to my spread sheet. Let me know if anyone can read it ;)

Hey, I'm running an stock N42/N42 L28 and with some work to the cooling system, I'm running 38 degrees total @ 3500rpm.

In addition, I've got vacuum advance connected to manifold vacuum which adds a further 16 degrees advance. My engine runs beautifully and has a responsive throttle that is ping free until the days go 35 degrees celcius or over and I'm at WOT getting into it. Fifty plus degrees on a light throttle is very do-able.