HybridZ

260Z Won't Stay Running

Well, I finally got the L28 wired into my car. It starts up and run's smooth but dies after about 5 seconds. I've checked the fuel pump and it seems to be fine, the spark seems to be fine, everything I've checked seems alright. Any suggestion on the most likely thing to make an engine kill? I'm fairly sure it's something electrical. The motor doesn't sputter out like it's starving or anything, it's a very instant kill like everything going to the engine shuts down entirely. As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

Well, I finally got the L28 wired into my car. It starts up and run's smooth but dies after about 5 seconds. I've checked the fuel pump and it seems to be fine, the spark seems to be fine, everything I've checked seems alright. Any suggestion on the most likely thing to make an engine kill? I'm fairly sure it's something electrical. The motor doesn't sputter out like it's starving or anything, it's a very instant kill like everything going to the engine shuts down entirely. As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

Is this a carbs engine or fuel injected?

http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/fuelpump/index.html

This is more than likey your problem. After years of sitting they build up all kinds of gunk. I drilled the whole filter screen out its been running great ever since. Im getting ready to replace my fuel filter again after running fuel injector and tank cleaner before every fill up the gunk gets up in the filter itself after a few thousand miles.