HybridZ

Car won't start

the last time i drove my 1982 280zx was about a week ago....as far as i knew it was fine...since then i tried turning it on and nothing happened...not even a click as in like a sign that it was trying..the radio wouldn't turn on as well...just the light signifying that the key was in... I replaced the battery and still nothing...any tips to check on the car...

Not sure how long you have had your car, but when I first bought mine, I had a set of two ignition keys that appeared the same when held next to each other. Twice I had a zippo response (about like your problem description). I figured out that only one of my keys would work 100% of the time in the ignition. Both keys looked the same when compared side by side. I had a similiar problem with a toyota.

Otherwise, I would look for a blown fuse @ box on the inside passenger side kick panel.

Try shorting your starter with a screwdriver, just to verify that everything isn't ruined forever. It sounds like you've got a problem with the wiring to the starter solenoid, or the solenoid itself. My dad's car did this for a while, and it ended up being that the actual ignition switch was screwed up. He changed it out and it's worked perfectly since.