HybridZ

level of commitment

level of commitment for the Z enthusiast. buying wheels for a Z you do not yet have. 15x8's for $100 w/ tires. couldnt pass it up. i had a 240z, but was forced to get rid of it after my wife and i got in a car accident. now im looking for another one. preferably a 75 280z. im in the process of getting one, but i have to get rid of my 92 mustang gt first. what's your level of commitment?

level of commitment for the Z enthusiast. buying wheels for a Z you do not yet have. 15x8's for $100 w/ tires. couldnt pass it up. i had a 240z, but was forced to get rid of it after my wife and i got in a car accident. now im looking for another one. preferably a 75 280z. im in the process of getting one, but i have to get rid of my 92 mustang gt first. what's your level of commitment?

17 years old, cutting floors out of a car and just all the rust and repairing a car many would deem unrepairable or just plain old not worth it. Plus I am planning on bed lining the underside with something like xline or rhino liner and doing a full suspension build once I save up enough cash! I work over 20 hours a week (only have 4 classes in school) and bust my *** trying to get enough money to pay for my car.

What's my level of commitment?

This car is my only mode of transportation, and I run my own business. This is how I get there. ;)

Problem is the business takes precedence, so the money gets invested there now, rather than into the car most of the time.

$100 isn't that huge of a commitment, by the way! :lol: Now if you had a motor set in your garage waiting on a car... that would be a different story.

Now if you had a motor set in your garage waiting on a car... that would be a different story.

Hey, I've got one of those. It's on an engine stand in the garage right now. I've got most of a motor, transmission adapter, R200 shims and RHD conversion pieces for a car I don't even have yet.

Edited by blue72

I am currently 1300 miles from my Z, which is waiting patiently with over $1000 in new parts waiting to be installed! It takes commitment not to go crazy over the next two months, knowing that I have the parts and the car and can't combine or even see them.

I have 19 credit hours of engineering classes and intermittent work, and seem to spend all of my "spare" money on my Z (who needs food anyway? :wacko: ). I'm not that committed, but the Z is such a fun money pit!

I bought a new air dam, headlight covers, Nardi wheel...a week before I even picked up my Z. Its also my DD and I bought it to take to Japan with me in 2011. I <3 it.

I request more pictures of you car! By the SIG is looks nice. I like the spoiler, I see those that I like and I don't like, the 3 pieces ones that is. Is it a 240z or a 280z with 240z air dam? Look's pretty clean. Man I need to start buying parts, but I don't want that money I have in the bank to go poof before I have floors in the car! I want an air dam, and a l28et, I was gonna buy one this weekend but the guy already sold it! I don't have floors yet I am trying to buy parts to make the car look better and go faster! Who needs floors? Just extra weight :blink: RIGHT? I stripped out the a/c plugs just because they are not needed! I have my entire harness apart still in the car just to take out wires I don't need. Plus on the daily I get told I have a problem when every time I see a z I want it. I saw a 280zx on TV today and was like HEY LOOK! A ZZZZ!!! This is normal, Right?

I saw a 280zx on TV today and was like HEY LOOK! A ZZZZ!!! This is normal, Right?

I point out every Z I see, then make a commentary on what year it most likely is, and what has been done to it. Thrills my wife to no end. :rolleyes:

Well, My family and I have a 15 month old son, live in one of the highest Cost of living arias, and yet somehow I have 3 Zs and a garage attic full of parts. Every junk yard I strip over to get the best parts for cheap. I traded 10 hours of computer repair labor for my LT1, sight unseen. I work 40 hr a week, come home and take care of our son till he goes to bed, run my freelance jobs, and go to school as an engineering student, and yet somehow work gets done on my cars. I have our 240z in storage in upstate New York, yet I have a spare suspension down here that I have worked over till it is painted and ready for the car, whenever it comes back...

I think I am too dedicated for my own good. Seriously.

edited for typos

Edited by Geking