HybridZ

Just picked up a 73 240z to do a rb25 or rb26

daryl_db

Hello all. Im new here but I have been browsing the forums for several months. After watching and helping my brother Pat1 on building the oil pans for the rb swaps it got me interested in another project car.

I just picked up a 73 240z on Saturday that I am going to do a rb25 or rb26 swap on it. I purchased the 240 from a individual that had intentions of restoring it but 15 years went by and he never got around to it. He included tons of 240z - 280z parts with the sale.

post-9032-12698274021217_thumb.jpg

post-9032-1269827407097_thumb.jpg

post-9032-12698274132353_thumb.jpg

Edited by daryl_db

this guy had me help him pick this car up yesterday with a entire uhaul truck full of parts for 240z,260,280z. I was like a kid in a candy store. Stay tuned guys I going to build a killer ALL aluminum rear sump oil pan with a internal oil cooler set up. It's going to be TRICK. I can't wait. Back to the car It's in real good shape and it's begging for a rb LOL..

this guy had me help him pick this car up yesterday with a entire uhaul truck full of parts for 240z,260,280z. I was like a kid in a candy store. Stay tuned guys I going to build a killer ALL aluminum rear sump oil pan with a internal oil cooler set up. It's going to be TRICK. I can't wait. Back to the car It's in real good shape and it's begging for a rb LOL..

I think that you left on thing out. it was a 17 foot uhaul box truck filled with parts. And yes you were like a kid in a candy store. You were trying to throw parts in you car when I wasnt looking.

Looks like that will be a great car to start with. How do the frame rails & floor pan look?

The frame rails are in good condition and there are only a few rust holes in the floor pans. I going to replace the floor pans anyways so I dont have to worry about it later.

• 3 weeks later...