HybridZ

Z31 CV Axles Adapter Alternative?....Anyone?

Hey,

Well I have come to the realization that it is going to be an uphill battle trying to get ahold of Ross at Modern Motorsports. Unfortunately, he holds the key for me to finish my rear end conversion. As far as I know, he is the only one that produces these Z31 Turbo CV shaft adapters that all you to bolt up the 280Z 27 spline count stub axles to the Z31 CV shafts. My question is, is there something I am missing here, or does NOBODY else produce one of these pieces? This seems to be the strongest setup to go with on the S30s, yet I have only seen Ross offer these. Would it be hard for someone to make a couple of these locally, perhaps a large batch for HybridZ members? Perhaps somebody could take down some measurements and a member could talk to their local machine shop about producing these and sell them here. Just a thought, but I know there has been a lot of complaints as far as Modern Motorsports customer service goes. Thanks guys!

my bro has access to machine shop from time to time. i thought about having him make me a flange using cnc machine cut on steel plate. but i dont have the specs either to cut the weld on flange. however, knowing that i would have to weld this on and has to be dead center and balance so it wont have any vibration issues, i am going to back out and leave to modernmotorsports since they specialize in stuff like this. again, i get reply e-mails from them within a couple days the last time i askes cpouple weeks ago so i dont see any issues and why people have issues contacting them. my stub axle flanges will be going out to them soon so ill keep you posted. if it doesnt come back, i will let you and everyone know. im hoping it does come back ot i will be piss. crossing fingers.

I don't think there is anyone offering these parts. You might be able to get a drive shaft shop to make you one.

Have you sent Ross money? I bought adapters from him a few months ago. I just paid for them thru his website and he replied promptly. I don't believe he has ever completely stiffed anybody.

thats good news because my axle flanges just went out earlier and i didnt even realize the location was in canada. lol. hopefully he gets back to me and we can make paypal payments as mm e-mailed me and says they will inform me when they receive my flanges and then make arrangements for payments. i dont feel comfortable stuffing money order into a box and ship it out of the states for 200 something dollars.

Here is another alternative, if you have the CA$H. :ohttp://www.arizonazcar.com/strassy.html

All you would need to do with this one is to rebuild the Q45 CV's with a shorter shaft.

Just saw this one on Ebay. Worth a look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-Datsun-510-240Z-260Z-280Z-CV-Halfshaft-kit_W0QQitemZ310203965626QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item483998e0ba

Edited by Ed260Z

• 2 months later...

Are these what you are talking about?

post-181-12705339079379_thumb.jpg

That's for the 6 bolt flange.

I believe the CV axle in question is for the 4 bolt flange.

I'm doing this same conversion to my '73. I had my Grandfather make the adaptors, and I will weld them to my companion flanges, once I get the truck running and move it out of the way of my TIG welder. lol. I am using the 4 bolt axles.

That's for the 6 bolt flange.

I believe the CV axle in question is for the 4 bolt flange.

I'm doing this same conversion to my '73. I had my Grandfather make the adaptors, and I will weld them to my companion flanges, once I get the truck running and move it out of the way of my TIG welder. lol. I am using the 4 bolt axles.

Yes, I need them for the 4 bolt axles, '89 300ZX Turbo.post-7240-12767473685135_thumb.jpg

Got my flanges couple weekends ago. They are top notch quality. I was very impress by the way it turned out. In fact, it looks nicer than the pic above posted by tomahawk. New flange is pressed on then tig welded, that's why it take more compare to ordering the billet ones already ready go.