HybridZ

actual RB26DETT parts weights

agolgan

Alright, I finally have something worth while to contribute to the forum. This last weekend my buddy Josh bought an RB26DETT and we had to take it apart for shipping, so we weighed everything before it got stuck in the mail. It was all done with a bathroom scale but should be fairly close to what you should expect for an actual weight of each part. All weights are in pounds and it didn't have the a/c, alt, or power steering so sorry no weight for those. If any one wants the weight for the oil pan with differential I can weigh it and add it but didn't think any body would really want that info on this forum. I put a spot for the rb25 transmission. I should have a weight for it as soon as I pull it out of the car. Hopefully that will be tomorrow. So in total a dry RB26DETT without accessories or an oil pan should weigh about 378 lbs.. So with everything put back together and the oil pan I think around 400 lbs. should be about right for the engine. I know there was another thread for engine weights but I figured since we did the parts individually I would make a new thread. Hope this helps.

Camshaft with gears, EA 8.5

Crank Pulley 14

Crankshaft: 42

Cylinder Head: With all valvetrain (Cams/Cam gears removed) 49

Cylinder Head: With all valvetrain, cams and cam gears 70

Engine, Block: Stripped minus freeze plugs and oil squirters included 120

Engine, Cover, Front: with CAS included 4.5

Engine, Girdle 21

Intake Collector (Connects intake piping to throttle bodies) 10

Intake Manifold: with all 6 throttle bodies and ACC plus hoses 16.5

Oil Pump 3

Pistons (6): with bearings, end caps and rings included 16.5