HybridZ

tokyoseven.com

TurboSE

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also curious about this. I see they are active on an AE86 forum or two. But no reviews...

Got my Tomei oil pump from them, I know, I jumped in head first! I am very happy I decided to go with them, here's why...

The good:

-The prices on the site are what you pay, no exchange rate issues like I've had with Nengun.

-Fast shipping, left Tokyo on the 21st(their time), arrived via EMS on the 22nd (our time, east coast)

-Great communication, less than 24 hours to respond to my questions even on weekends.

-Well packaged. Tomei box, packed in bigger box, with peanuts and a JDM news paper...6 page ad for a bicycle store....crazy.

The bad:

-Sales tax, about 5% of the price of the item+shipping.

-Tomei pump was back ordered (at the price, not a surprise). They informed me of the back order, how many they'd be getting from Tomei, how many were spoken for and estimated ship date well before I ordered.

I'd give them a 9.5 out of 10, just because I didn't see anywhere on their site where they mentioned sales tax, but everything else was excellent.

Well, after going back and forth I was going to go with them but their prices went up at least $100. Must be our great American dollar.

I was on the opposite end of the exchange rate fluctuation. I went to buy my pump and the price actually went down about $100. Guess it's just on of those things it pays to keep an eye on. From the Yen/USD forecasts I've read, the rate will be at it's best around July, about 95JPY/1USD.

Start saving your nickles!

Edited by TurboSE

I was on the opposite end of the exchange rate fluctuation. I went to buy my pump and the price actually went down about $100. Guess it's just on of those things it pays to keep an eye on. From the Yen/USD forecasts I've read, the rate will be at it's best around July, about 95JPY/1USD.

Start saving your nickles!

That's horrible. First time I went to Japan it was at 120JPY/1USD. Oh well, good thing thats when my GF and I are going!