HybridZ

Brake Master Fluid Transfer

Need some help with this one.

I have a 74 260z with a 79 280zx brake master, SS braided flex lines, and 240sx rear disk conversion. I upgraded to the ZX M/C in preparation for larger front calipers, but have not done that yet.

Here's my problem; the brake fluid is transferring from the front reservoir (rear brakes) to the rear(front brakes), and causing it to over flow. The rear brakes have been grabbing less, and less over the last 500 or so miles that I've driven it since the retro fit.

What could be causing the fluid to transfer? :unsure:

I see you've done a rear disk conversion. You didn't happen to install an adjustable proportioning valve did you?

Nigel

'73 240ZT

No haven't done that. From what I've read the fluid requirement for the 240SX Calipers is very close to the stock drums that were there. But if I ever put in a set of BIG brakes in the rear I will have to do that.

No haven't done that. From what I've read the fluid requirement for the 240SX Calipers is very close to the stock drums that were there. But if I ever put in a set of BIG brakes in the rear I will have to do that.

Just checking, because if you follow some people's advice and gut the stock proportioning valve when you install the adjustable valve, you'll end up connecting the front and rear brake circuits together. You have to remove the stock valve entirely on '73 and later Z's.

Nigel