HybridZ

Classifieds section, selling parts, cars, etc. Are you violating the forum rules?

BRAAP

Guest Dona J

Hello !

I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !

Edited by johnc
Re-linked the losers spam! ;-)

• Administrators

Hello !

I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !

A new member, yes! :2thumbs:

A pathetic loser who cant a get real job and signed up to spam the forum with a fictitious signature with their spam-link that we cleverly redirected to something more appropriate? Absolutely not! :fmad: We have a zero tolerance policy for spam!

Good day. :D

Fella's,

This is the newest technique spammers are using to get in and spam forums. If you see ANY post, on topic or otherwise that have this style of faux signature with a link in it, or any link in a signature that is obviously not genuine, let staff know and we'll take care of it right away! Easiest way to do so is just click the "REPORT" button with the yellow triangle, bottom left hand corner of the offending post. :2thumbs:

• 1 month later...
Guest Veronica Jones

I am the owner of a 1979 Datsun 810 2 Door Coupe. I am having a hard time finding parts for this vehicle. I live in Houston, Texas and am searching for the molding around the windows to keep water out, and front struts. Any suggestions?

I am the owner of a 1979 Datsun 810 2 Door Coupe. I am having a hard time finding parts for this vehicle. I live in Houston, Texas and am searching for the molding around the windows to keep water out, and front struts. Any suggestions?

Welcome to HybridZ Veronica :2thumbs:

There are a few 810's on the board including mine.

Check out: http://oem-surplus.com/nwp/810.htm Norman had some parts for our cars on there.

I would suggest you go here and start a project page for your 810. http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/forum/61-other-vehicles/

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently I violated the rules, but I don't understand why. I replied to a classified ad, asking the seller how old the paint is...given that he said it was starting to rust. My post was deleted and I was given a warning by Drax240z.

Seller also has a history on ZCar for the same thing...He didn't want anyone asking him questions; there it was about the price he was asking given similar Z's selling for much less.

I'm not trying to be a jerk and I don't even know the seller. So...

Are we not allowed to ask questions?

Mike

• Administrators

Mike,

If the ad in question is illegal, grossly misleading, then please bring your concerns of the offending ad to staff with as much detail as possible. do NOT attempt to expose a malicious ad on your own, that is trolling and this forum has little tolerance for trolls. :nono:

We were informed that your intent was not as a prospective buyer, but a heckler following said member from another forum to "troll" his ad here. Again, if the ad is grossly misleading or illegal, bring it the attention of staff. If you don't like what the seller is selling, his listed price, etc, you are in no way obligated to purchase the item, leave it be.

Is someone allowed to badmouth me and you take their word for it? Because that is exactly what happened. Did you see the thread on ZCar.com?

The question that I posted here was "How old is the paint?" Please tell me what is wrong with that question? And why was I warned for it?

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How about letting a member edit there thread indefinitely so they can add more stuff or take away stuff, Instead of them having to make a new one. Also I like the one post a month idea. Maybe if it is possible, in the for sale section of the forum let members edit the title and content of a thread and not allow posting so the people have to send a PM? that way it saves the section from clutter and when something is bought you can just "bump" or edit your thread by saying what is sold.

I was also wondering about the ability to edit after the 1st few days. If you have 6 or 7 items and you sell one or two a week later it would be nice to go into the add and edit out the sold items rather than answering a post of : is this item still available.

Is it possible to automatically delete adds after a 60 day period? Wouldn't this would reduce bandwidth and keep the adds current?

I have PM'd one of the moderators a couple times about this as well. I have adds elsewhere and things sell, prices drop, and I trade and sell other items on a regular basis as to support my hobby rather than spend all my income. Hybridz is one of the few places I dont get heckled or spammed. That being said I think it's really important to keep this section of the website clean and clear cut(selfishly, for the sake of my hobby). One thread a month is cool with me, but only if I have control of the "EDIT" feature. I'd pretty much never make a new for sale thread again if I had the edit feature back, so that rule would be a moot point with me. I had often searched and bumped my own for sale threads in the past. I cannot do it now because the thread itself becomes so cluttered and disorganized by adding and deleting items as time goes on. I dont know how many people will read into page 2,3, etc to see if the items are still available... Pages could easily be reduced with the edit feature available. I would not delete adds. Using the "Lock" feature is better. Sometimes it's nice to use old adds for comparison when your thinking about selling or buying something. I like to post the actual sold price in some of adds for others that do the same. I don't usually do this here on Hybridz to spare the bump since I cannot edit.

I feel the current rules make sense, but some of the old "lock" and "edit" features should be restored to help relieve both the moderators and the thread starters of headaches. I'm unsure the reasoning behind these features disappearing though.

Another thing that might help is slightly more adds per page or a user defined amount of adds per page much like ebay has implemented(I know this may be a stretch). I don't care if I have to scroll down and pretty much everyone is going to go to the end of the page when they look. Personally I will search the first 2 pages and stop. Posts after that are usually old/half dead things from my experience.

Thanks Paul or whom ever else is listening up there in Hybridz heaven...

Edited by rayaapp2

• 5 months later...

i want to know how we pay to use the classifieds, yet if someone is scammed (because paying is suppose to eliminate the scammers and all right) ya'll wont do anything about it? ive tried PMing a mod, even have proof etc of the scam and the fact that i am still out parts/money but apparently because im not an OLLLDDDD member (whos experience of getting scammed is a sticky 'with the offenders name' in the want to buy section) The asshat that screwed me is still on this site and "selling" things? OH and then theres Justin Hodges who was banned and a sticky made as well...if you are going to make us pay to use the classifieds you should hold yourself responsible or atleast ban members that wont abide by the rules/that scam people.......

I've been scammed on the classifieds. I think I'm member #68 here, which I think qualifies as an "OLLLDDDD" member, and have been a moderator for the past 10 or 11 years. What do you think happened to the scammer?

Nothing. Why? It was my word against his. I had no proof to provide the other mods and admins of this site other than my word.

I don't know the details of your transaction or accusations. I have no way of confirming them even if you told me. That's why Hybrid doesn't police the classifieds in the way you are suggesting.

There are ways of dealing with transactions gone wrong. Most local authorities are quite willing to get involved, and there are plenty of courts out there that will deal with these issues.

I took it to PM's, i have plenty of proof (not just my word), so i am in another bracket as far as that goes. Again i asked a few mods, then took it publicly about him, his father, etc PROVING my facts, and i was given a 30day suspension from the site for doing so....doesnt make much sense to me. Its like saying "pay $20 and if you scam people, it wont matter"...i love this site but for some reason it seems like you would rather not ban people even with proof, but instead have the honest people screwed and the scammer free to continue to do so.

Judging by some of the responses people are putting in this thread, I'd say that the new pay to play policy isn't working very well at keeping scammers out of the classifieds or out of hybridz. I took a break from Z cars for a few years (giving the DSM and Subaru worlds a try) up until this last fall when I bought another Z, and I have noticed that the Z car classifieds section and the entire site has generally become somewhat of a "ghost town" compared to how it was before. With my last Z I never had any problems finding parts that I needed. Now the best source for trading, selling, buying is as good as gone. From my experience, it seems to me that the restrictions on the classifieds section is only hurting this forum. Or maybe it is just the economy...

For those that seem to forget the purpose of this site:

1. The purpose of this site is to discuss TECHNICAL topics that pertain to the modification of the Datsun/Nissan Z cars (240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 300ZX, 350Z). No thoughtful modification that enhances performance or styling will be put down. The philosophy is one of "parts is parts" - it doesn't matter what automaker originally made the parts, if you think that using those parts on your Z will add to it's performance or cosmetic appeal. But the emphasis is on FUNCTION, not the addition of graphics, wings, etc. to only make the Z LOOK like it is a high performance car. However, everyone has their own ideas of what stylish modifications look good or bad.

Buying and selling stuff is far, far down the list of reasons this site exists (and has existed for over a decade). We maintain the classifieds as a courtesy to the members that want it. If I had my choice, we would not have a classifieds section, period. It is by far the biggest admin headache we have and eBay, Craigslist, etc. are far better resources.

And we put in the donation requirement to sell to REDUCE the number of scammers. We never said, not did we ever expect that little change to eliminate scamming - its been very effective. Again, Caveat Emptor.