HybridZ

R200 LSD...am I stupid

jacob80

Why? how much did you pay? (I would open a dispute with paypal and/or ebay if that where you bought it)

I bought it from dsommer right here on the forum. The casing says R200 and it even came with the finned cover. Let not assume its the cover that came with the LSD. Oh man this really grinds my gears...UGH.

Here are the parts generally needed for Nissan clutch pack LSD. If what you have is a CLSD, it appears you're missing two pressure rings, the friction discs, the friction plates, and the spring discs.

LSD_Whole_Assy.jpg

So to sum it up, this isn't an LSD?....

I believe that is a VLSD. We used to have pictures of them taken apart in the gallery, seem to have lost them in the switch to the new software. Thick part on the side gear is the viscous coupling if I'm not mistaken. I haven't been into one myself, but try to pay attention and I'm fairly sure that's what you've got there.

So long as you have the CV's to fit it (they're different), you should be good to go.

Wow.....GREAT. I have the modern motorsports adapters, will they work with this setup still? So these clutches are now rendered useless that I was going to install? I will see if they work. Thanks for your help guys. I'll go check now.

Wow.....GREAT. I have the modern motorsports adapters, will they work with this setup still? So these clutches are now rendered useless that I was going to install? I will see if they work. Thanks for your help guys. I'll go check now.

Put some oil or grease on them to keep them from rusting, toss them in a plastic bag and stick them on the shelf. You never know, when they might come in handy.

Or sell them. I'm sure you can get what you paid for them. Everyone who has that Z31T LSD should really install those clutches.

The MM CV adapters should work, as I think the VLSD CV shaft still uses the same 4 bolt pattern on the outer end.

Edited by JMortensen

I can tell you with 100% certainty that what you have is the Vlsd. I have a brand new in the box VLSD assembly , this is how I know. If you have the right shafts, everything will be fine with the MM adaptors. Just follow the directions about flipping the pieces on the discussion here on hybridZ or on Ross's MM sight.

P.S.-----Check all your bearings in the diff while you have everything apart.

in a few weeks i will be selling a CLSD that has already been rebuilt with the new clutches, in case you want the clutch style, from what i read the style you got there is weaker then the clutch style.

Weaker in terms of lockup, but stronger in terms of how much power you can put through it. At least, anecdotally.