HybridZ

225/50R15 with 15X8 wheel. will rub or not?

Hi,

I'm about to order the tire size mention above for my 240Z. It's lowered of about 1 inch and have pretty firm spring.

I've been searching a lot and some people say they rub, some not.

This is with stock fender. No flare.

I don't know the offset of the wheel but they're pretty flush with the fender from a view from above.

does anyone here have a similare set up and is it Ok?

Tks very much in advance,

Joce

Hi,

I'm about to order the tire size mention above for my 240Z. It's lowered of about 1 inch and have pretty firm spring.

I've been searching a lot and some people say they rub, some not.

This is with stock fender. No flare.

I don't know the offset of the wheel but they're pretty flush with the fender from a view from above.

does anyone here have a similare set up and is it Ok?

Tks very much in advance,

Joce

I ran a 15 x 8 with a 225/50-15 and need coil overs and a rolled fender lip to make it fit. The car was lowered 2.5", the wheels had a 4.5" backspace.

I ran a 15 x 8 with a 225/50-15 and need coil overs and a rolled fender lip to make it fit. The car was lowered 2.5", the wheels had a 4.5" backspace.

Another feedback:

I run 225/50-15 with 15x7 ET04 wheels (Rota RB) with no problem. ET0 would even be better since I'm very close to the strut.

The clearance would come with my setup from the tires, not the wheels. So you also have to ask which tire brand you'd like ;)

As fas as I'm concerned, I run BF Goodridge G-Force and they fit. I've discussed with other members having Falken 512 with no problem either.

If you check on tirerack, you'll see that same reference on tire does not always mean same exact size wink.gif

Regarding suspension setup, I run eibach lowering spring with tokico struts.

Here's couple of shots showing you the fit.

I don't have any picture from the back side but there's roughtly 5mm of clearance between the strut and the tire. It never rubbs but it is close... I'm checking regularly to make sure

post-3327-12714905306017_thumb.jpg

post-3327-12714905359845_thumb.jpg

post-3327-12714906257373_thumb.jpg

Ok.

So it depend of the brand of tire. I'll go with the BF suggested then.

Here is the look I would like for my 240Z.

And those are the wheel I'll use. Those are ROH.

Now just need to found out which color I'll pait the car. I'm changing idea every week!!!!!

post-4784-12718121934721_thumb.jpg

post-4784-12718123762512_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think you should be fine with a 15x8, 50 series tire will leave more room for movement when cornering.

By the way, those look like the 15x8 (-9 offset) Performance Challenger wheels on that red Zed, does anyone know where you can purchase these or know anyone who might be selling?

• 2 weeks later...

damn straight they will spin like a top, Im going to be running 225/50/15 toyo proxes here soon on 15x7 enkei 92's so this is interesting, my car is also lowered a considerable amount, 2.5". and they dont rub at all with the negative camber i have on 14x7 8 offset 195/60/14's so, hopefully I can fit