HybridZ

Problems with Idle with Triple Weber on L24

Tyler

Something odd is happening with the idle. So when I start it up, I have to play with the gas for about 3 minutes until the temperature probe moves on the dash, then if I let go of the gas it'll stumble low to about 400 rpm and die.

On the other hand, if I pop the hood and manually give the throttle a little "blip" it'll go to about 850 rpm and idle great.

So I thought maybe I have to just give it a tap or two of the gas pedal to recreate the same thing. NO! It doesn't work. If I then proceed to pop the hood and "blip" it again it'll idle fine.

Also after some time driving trying to figure this out, the idle still draws to a stall and will have a hard time regulating the idle unless I manually press the throttle lever on the carbs.

-Idle at 850 rpm. It drops to about 650-700 rpm with lights, fan, and radio on.

-Idle screw down 3/32 of a turn past touching

-Mixture screws set to 1 1/4 turn out all the way across

For reference the carbs are:

45 DCOE

36mm choke

155 Main Jets

170 Corrector Jets

55 F8 Idle Jets

F16 Emulsion tubes

On my previous tune last where I microtuned with the ColorTune Tool for the mixture I got for the turns out

#1- 1 1/4

#2- 1/1/4

#3- 3/4

#4- 1/1/4

#5- 3/4

#6- 3/4

Please HELP!

Thanks

Tyler

Why not just raise the idle up? Turn the idle screw in more. For my setup I have all the carbs balanced onto one screw so I don't throw them out of balance when I raise the idle. I turn one idle screw, and they all adjust the same amount across the board.

Why not just raise the idle up? Turn the idle screw in more. For my setup I have all the carbs balanced onto one screw so I don't throw them out of balance when I raise the idle. I turn one idle screw, and they all adjust the same amount across the board.

I have raised the idle up, but it won't hold until after I manually hit the throttle on the linkage arms. I've had it set to about idling anywhere from 500-1100 rpm but still the same issue.

How do you have it setup to adjust the idle with one screw? Any pictures? That would be awesome if I could.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

if you get a piece of 5/32 vacuem line and put 1 end in your ear and 1 in the carb throat by the throttle blade you can sync the carbs by the sound of the air rushing past the throttle blades.the louder the air the more the better the mix is.try to get all barrels sounding the same.a good healthy hissing sound is good