HybridZ

F22C 240Z

koyoteracing

• 5 months later...

This guy is an import drag racing legend.. Glad to see you on the Z forum!

Guys... Erick is a master... Honda is his bread/butter and he was the first to break in to the 9's running all motor. I'm not surprised that he chose a F22 due to his genius works with Honda platforms.

Glad to have you here buddy!

Quoc from Livesockets

post-10944-12694999013767.jpg

I'm curious as to why you used two different diameter tubes here.

I'm assuming they are similar in wall thickness... and if that is true then you have put your 'weaker link' (the smaller diameter tube) in a position to receive the highest bending stress (at the weld, where it meets the plate).

Rectangular cross section tubing may have been a better choice, to distribute the bending stress at the plate better. Also, a shorter distance from the engine to the frame would reduce the stress seen at the plate.

Have you had success with this style of mounting before? I don't know if I would want to push 500hp though that kind of mount.

Don't question the legend... or give him recommendations. No offense to anyone... but this guy has a lot longer racing resume than a lot of us can speak for

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

What are you doing about the transmission and rear end?

Do you plan on using the stock s2k trans and if so what diff will you be going with-or will you mate it with the stock diff?

I've been debating on going this route and now it looks like I may just have a f20c waiting for me.

• 3 weeks later...