HybridZ

How to enable "edit post" to keep original post updated

gvincent

I am trying to keep a thread going that I started some time ago.

I would like to continue to be able to edit my original post to keep adding information to the original post

This is the thread I am talking about:

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/88301-280z-seat-swap-list/

I would think it would be beneficial to all who read this thread to be able to view an updated 280Z seat swap list.

As the original poster I do not mind doing this but no longer am able to edit the original post.

Is there a way to do this?

How is it done like the old Stickies were able to be updated I think?

Thanks,

Greg

• 3 weeks later...

I am trying to keep a thread going that I started some time ago.

I would like to continue to be able to edit my original post to keep adding information to the original post

This is the thread I am talking about:

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/88301-280z-seat-swap-list/

I would think it would be beneficial to all who read this thread to be able to view an updated 280Z seat swap list.

As the original poster I do not mind doing this but no longer am able to edit the original post.

Is there a way to do this?

How is it done like the old Stickies were able to be updated I think?

Thanks,

Greg

I too am in confusion about editing my original post in order to update the progress of my build thread.

Any Ideas?

I too am in confusion about editing my original post in order to update the progress of my build thread.

Any Ideas?

Ironman I don't know especially with the new forum type we are now running, Being a long time donating member and having made hundreds of posts I was hoping an Admin would of jumped in by now and answered what I thought was a simple question?

Anybody care to give this a shot?

Thanks,

Greg

As far as I know, a certain member here decided to leave, and take his posts with him, so now you are only able to edit for 1 month.

That would be too bad as how would one get a pinned post if they can not edit it?

I reposted this question to Super Dan in this thread here post #51:

http://forums.hybrid...33entry869333

Hopefully there is a work around that maybe only the original poster can only edit the original post?

Thanks,

Greg

Edited by gvincent

That would be too bad as how would one get a pinned post if they can not edit it?

I reposted this question to Super Dan in this thread here post #51:

http://forums.hybrid...33entry869333

Hopefully there is a work around that maybe only the original poster can only edit the original post?

Thanks,

Greg

Honestly, I think it would be best if we just allowed members to edit as long as they want. It was just one person who got upset and left, and ruined it for everyone.

Honestly, I think it would be best if we just allowed members to edit as long as they want. It was just one person who got upset and left, and ruined it for everyone.

I agree, the HybridZ population should not be punished for the wrong actions of one individual whom is no longer a supporting member.

Some of my posts have pictures with embeded links that take you to a photo album I have on www.motortopia.com. Because this site automatically shrinks pictures, and you have to click on them to see the full size image, clicking my photos sends you off to my photo album instead. This is very annoying, because you have to keep going back and forth between the two sites. I'd like to remove those links, but can't because of the time lock on posts.

Nigel

'73 240ZT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I posted about this same topic at this thread when we were still on vBulletin, and basically got a hell no response. However I'm very thankful that maybe a made some dent, as we are now (i believe) able to do this in the classifieds.

I suggest that perhaps there may be a way to request that a mod unlock a thread for editing by the thread owner, i.e. sticky threads, write-ups, or build threads, and that perhaps it could be done on a case by case basis, and for a certain amount of time, i.e. 24 hrs.

So, for example, for the seat swap thread, you could PM BRAAP or someone, and say, her i want to throw in a couple of new entries from car x, y and z, and they could unlock it for 24 hours. That way, next week when someone pisses you off so bad you want to leave the forum, you can no longer take your seat swap thread with you.

Val

• 9 months later...

Any progress on this? my 280Z swap list thread keeps growing but you have to read the whole thread, Oh well I guess no new stickies are allowed if we can't update the thread, even if we are the original poster.

I never did get a response from an admin

Greg