HybridZ

TVR speed six engine

Rune K

Hi I just ordered a TVR Speed six engine to make my hybrid 240Z

Engine spec

4.0L N/A 385hp 310 lb·ft 24 Valves Drysump and ivt

I think this engine is gone be nice in my Z :) decat and chip 400hp n/a

Enybody seen a convention like this before ?

Regards

Rune K

Norway

post-10025-12727351302577_thumb.jpg

post-10025-12727351501192_thumb.jpg

post-10025-12727351691804_thumb.jpg

I don't think this has been done before. However, I'm looking forward to seeing yours completed.

WOW looks great! DEMAND lots of pics!

Also just a heads up you WILL have some mods on your back for spelling. I would run a grammar check BEFORE you post.

Great idea and Welcome to HBZ!

He's from Norway, so I don't think english is his first language. I didn't see any horrible errors either, so it's not a big deal. Mods mostly want you to at least make an effort, they don't expect everyone who posts here to have flawless grammar and spelling.

Edited by rturbo 930

I looked at one once, breifly, IIRC, they're taller than the L series by a good bit, even dry sumped, and would need either a bonnet bump or a much more radical cant over in the bay than the L series is fitted to a Z with. I'm not sure how that would affect interferance with the steering shafts.

The english wreckers were also asking 3000 quid or therabouts for a running ex-wreck motor at a period where the NZD was sitting around 30c to the pound, meaning almost 9000 NZD for the motor before shipping, and I was unemployed... So I never got one, I envy you" Lovely motors! :D they can really SCREAM at the high revs.

Take LOTS of photos :D this should be an interesting build :D I want to see what a Z with one of those motors in looks and sounds like :D

By FAR my favorite I6. If I had the cash I'd be doing this swap too. Can't wait to see the progress on this!

You know it's the end times when Bob isn't drooling about a M104 anymore :P

But that's an awesome motor, and I look forward to following the swap progress. Should make a mean little Z :P

You know it's the end times when Bob isn't drooling about a M104 anymore :P

But that's an awesome motor, and I look forward to following the swap progress. Should make a mean little Z :P

Pfft. I've always liked this thing more than the '104. Except:

I don't even know if it will fit. i really wanna see pics on this

It's expensive. I'm pretty Broke.

Finding parts for this motor in this country would be roughly impossible.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...