HybridZ

heads....again

snork

Alright, I'm finally starting to get my motor ready. According to High Performance Ford Parts Interchange book, my motor is a 1980 reman. A friend gave me his 302 heads off his 70 two wheel drive pickup. I remember him saying it had 1.94 on the intake. Looking at the chambers, the stampings on the head go (from left to right) C, then 18, then 302 with a T underneath it, then C9TE. In this book it says there is a truck head that has 58.2 cc chambers and its stamping is C9TE-C. Then in another caption it says there is a truck head with the stamping C9TE that had large chambers like a 351w, and not to use it because of losing compression. I do know these heads that I have are pre 1975. I am guessing that I have the heads with the larger chambers, but I'm not sure. So what do I have? As far as buying some good heads, I cant. I have to pay off the lawyer for a divorce first. I just have to make best use of what I collected for now. I will have more questions later, and I do try to use the search feature for my questions, but usually all I find is a headache.