HybridZ

280zx Center of Gravity

Has anyone calculated the height of the center of gravity from the ground on the 280zx? I've searched and can not find anything, i f anyone know what it is I would really appreciate it so i can finish my design project.

tbs

From a couple other cars I've modeled, a stock 280ZX CG height would be between 24 and 28" off the ground.

Somehow I knew you could answer this one johnc. How does that compare to the s30?

Probably about the same. Please remember that the above are guesses based on a model I have of a E36BMW and my 350Z.

Didn't Richard (260DET) have some Nissan literature that said it was basically right at the shifter hole in the transmission height wise and fore/aft on the 280ZX? I think that would be a lot lower than 24".

Shifter hole to ground on a stock 260Z I have in my shop right now is about 22". The E36 model we ran through WinGEO3 was a F Prepared autocross car running 15" slicks and weighing about 2,100 lbs. It came in with about a 19" CG height with a modeled 150lb. driver in the car. 24" might be a high estimate for the 280ZX. My 350Z comes in at about 21" with the same modeled driver in the seat.

Didn't Richard (260DET) have some Nissan literature that said it was basically right at the shifter hole in the transmission height wise and fore/aft on the 280ZX? I think that would be a lot lower than 24".

Yeh, thats what the Nissan booklet on the 280ZX says, there is an illustration of it, manual transmission of course.

• 7 years later...