HybridZ

VQ35 swap into 240z a/c/ ???

chicago240z

Hi,

I am planning a vq35 swap into my 240z, the problem I came across this past weekend at the ZDAYZ is the fact that the a/c pump is right over sterring rack, has any one made a brace or figured out how to run the a/c. I was thinking maybe a pulley leading to the a/c compressor on an extension bracket? I'm moving to florida soon so a/c is gonna be very important

I'd actually been looking into that same problem on my HR build. The AC pump is mounted too low, so what I was envisioning is a bracket that will mount the AC pump higher off the right side of the engine. I'm not sure yet if I'll be able to fit it, since my Engine is not yet in, but that's the idea. I might use a couple tensioners to help route the belt out that far. Hopefully I'll be able to integrate the 350Z system into the 280Z using the existing core inside under the dash. I need to find out about the O rings and stuff w/ the more modern refrigerant, but that all comes after the Engine is mounted.

I also want to integrate the PS pump on the left side of the engine, so I can setup PS w/ a Subi rack etc.

Phar

• 2 years later...

Hey Docaam,  no update yet on AC.  We know that the steering can be routed around the pump by using two U joints (I'm using spares from the 350Z donor column.) but I haven't worked out the AC system integration with the Stock S30 AC system.  from what I understand, it's supposed to be doable, but the entire stock system has to be completely drained and cleared out before changing refridgerant.  There's a lt to it, but I expect that when I get there it should be doable with the new pump.  The other way I've been thinking about doing it is mounting the pump where the 350Z PS pump was mounted on a custom bracket, but I'm not sure the spacing will fit.

Swapping the Fuel rails 180 deg has allowed for rear entrance of the fuel line to the rails across the top of the engine, but it keeps the fuel lines out of the way, so that shouldn't affect placement of the pump.  Getting the Belt to work in that position may be fun.   I need to get the engine put back in mine to be able to try these things out, though that'll be after paint.