- - - - -

CA: 1991 Infiniti M30 F31 Leopard + RB25DET featured in Project Car Magazine

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Koji_*

Guest_Koji_*

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:55 PM

Due to the recent addition of twins to my family, I am forced to sell one of my projects to make space in an already crowded home, so up for sale is my 1991 Infiniti M30 F31 Leopard with RB25DET that was recently featured in Project Car Magazine Issues #13 & #14.

Posted Image
I have owned the car for almost six years now, most of that time it being in storage. The chassis is very clean, with no accidents, and has approximately 170K miles. The RB25DET engine had around 65K km (40K miles) when removed from its original R33 clip. The engine refresh and swap were completed last year, and the car only had a few hundred miles put on the new setup for photo shoots before being put back into storage, so all the parts installed are still in like new condition. As you can see from the pics, the RB25DET swap has been done very cleanly and not only looks factory, but drives incredibly smooth. The additional torque and boost from the RB25DET are a perfect match for the M30 as a daily cruiser or weekend racer, with all engine/drivetrain/suspension components in excellent working order.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
All the following parts were installed new (unless otherwise noted) and add up to over $10,000 street price value (not including the car or labor) as documented in the Project Car Magazine article:

Chassis/Suspension/Drivetrain
BC Racing Coil-Over Suspension Kit
Nissan OEM S13 Spindles (Used)
Nissan OEM S13 Lower Control Arms & Ball Joints
Custom Rear Shock Adapter
SPL Power Outer Tie Rods
Circuit Sports S13 Tension Rods
Circuit Sports Inner Tie Rods
Nissan OEM Tie Rod Boots
Nissan Skyline R31 Shifter Boot & Console
Nissan OEM S13 Clutch/Brake Assembly (Used)
Nissan OEM S13 Clutch Master Cylinder
Circuit Sports Auto to Manual Stainless Clutch Line
SPEC Stage 2 Clutch Kit
Custom Transmission Mount
Custom Driveshaft
SPD Metal Works Welded Differential
Custom Power Steering Line
Dakota Digital Speedometer Adapter
Odyssey Dry Cell Battery

Engine
Nissan Skyline R33 Front Clip (RB25DET Engine/Trans/ECU)
Nissan Skyline R31 Engine Cross Member
Custom M30-RB25DET Wiring Harness
APEXi Power Intake Cone Filter
Greddy RB25DET Intake Manifold
Greddy RB25DET Throttle Body Adapter Kit
Custom Tubing & Front Mount Intercooler
HKS SSQV Sequential Blow Off Valve Limited Edition
Nissan OEM Engine Gasket Overhaul Kit
Nissan OEM Exhaust Manifold Studs
Custom Exhaust Elbow
Greddy SR20DET Downpipe
Custom Exhaust Adapter
Greddy RB25DET Timing Belt
Nissan OEM Idler Pulley
Nissan OEM Tensioner Pulley
Nissan OEM Thermostat
Nissan OEM Upper & Lower Radiator Hose Kit
Nissan OEM Water Pump
Nissan OEM Rear Main Seal
Nissan OEM Oil Pan
Nismo Fuel Pressure Regulator
Walbro 255L High Output Fuel Pump

Electronics
ARK Design Boost-Con Turbo Boost Controller
ARK Design Rev-Shift Turbo Engine Timer
Viper 2-Way Paging Alarm System with Auto-Window Roll Up, Trunk Release, and Backup Battery

Wheels/Tires
SSR Watanabe RS-8 16" 3 Piece Wheels (Used - Refinished)
Falken ZIEX 912 205/50/16 Tires - 90%

Buyer Notes or Unfinished Items
ABS is disabled due to S13 suspension swap.
A/C system is wired and ready to go except for final plumbing (Est: $200-$300).
Climate control panel display is intermittent, but controls function 100%. I will include a spare used display for replacement.
Dash is warped and slightly cracked on driver side.
Driver seat requires reupholstery or new seat cover (Est: $100). Rear seat has small split in center and faded leather on top.
Factory radio and CD changer are non-operational. I presume it is a fuse or other minor fix.

Price: $8500 OBO
Phone: (800) 830-1266

I may be able to reduce the price some by removing the wheels and/or suspension if requested. The car is currently registered with 2010 tags, and will be transferred in non-op status with smog/registration the responsibility of the new owner. Prefer local sale, but will consider shipping at buyer expense.

Please feel free to email me at koji@driftpro.com for questions, or if you would like any specific pics.

Thanks!

Koji

Edited by Koji, 27 May 2010 - 09:58 PM.

#2 rayaapp2

rayaapp2
  • LocationPrunedale, Ca. 93907

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:59 AM

And what paper work do you have for Ca buyers that will be stuck with Smogging it for transfer?

You should be quite clear when selling this car about the "AS-IS" nature of the situation.

BAR searches out vehicles like yours being sold like this. This is the one of the most recent "BAR Blast". Its a news letter for SMOG techs.
Click and scroll down to Pg. 7

The reason for releasing info about a sting in 2007 is simply waiting on the legal system to go through its processes. They are out and hunting.

BTW: Kick ARSE Car man. Fits like a glove in there. I bet that car is a blast to drive.
Good luck with the sale!
PROVE ME WRONG, I DARE YOU!! Then you're Teaching me for free!
Tony's Noble Truths :
Truth 1 "The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know."
Truth 2 "You don't know half the stuff you think you do, and the rest is questionable."

#3 ModernS30

ModernS30
  • LocationCamby, Indiana

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:32 AM

And what paper work do you have for Ca buyers that will be stuck with Smogging it for transfer?

You should be quite clear when selling this car about the "AS-IS" nature of the situation.

BAR searches out vehicles like yours being sold like this. This is the one of the most recent "BAR Blast". Its a news letter for SMOG techs.
Click and scroll down to Pg. 7

The reason for releasing info about a sting in 2007 is simply waiting on the legal system to go through its processes. They are out and hunting.

BTW: Kick ARSE Car man. Fits like a glove in there. I bet that car is a blast to drive.
Good luck with the sale!

[edit] deleted an unnecessary rant - johnc

On a more on topic note. That's a super clean looking car, good luck with the sale, I think I read on of the issues it was in.
Posted Image

#4 19762802+2

19762802+2
  • LocationOld Colorado City, Colorado Springs

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:52 AM

8. While we are on the subject, we want you to stay off of your religious or political soapboxes as well. Religious or political topics should be avoided. Any posts that stray into the realm of politics and religion will be closed and/or deleted. This is a car website, so let’s keep it focused on cars.

I think the OP doesn't want his thread closed because of the political stuff. Good luck with the sale Koji.
1976 280z 2+2 Almost on the road.

Slamming a car to the ground and putting stupid wheels on it is like spandex on Rosie O'Donnell. You go ahead and get all excited about that spandex if that floats your boat. All I see are cankles.

#5 Guest_Koji_*

Guest_Koji_*

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:57 AM

I believe I mention in my post that the vehicle "will be transferred in non-op status with smog/registration the responsibility of the new owner.". How the buyer intends to use the vehicle, whether for street or off-road use only, remains the decision of the new owner, as well as completing any necessary registration based on their local regulations. Thank you for clarifying to potential CA buyers as well that this purchase will be "AS-IS" and comes with no warranty as typical for any modified vehicle.

Good luck with the sale!

Thank you for the compliments! Yes as many here know, the RB25DET is a great engine that totally transforms the character of the vehicle. The factory like fit into this M30 is due to our use of all related Nissan OEM R31 Skyline crossmember and mounting components which allowed us to maintain proper clearance for shifter position, clutch fan, etc. to retain OEM comfort/reliablity, and goal of zero modification to firewall or transmission tunnel.

As documented in the article, the swap was completed with all professional wiring, machining and fabrication for critical components (i.e. transmission mount, suspension mounting spacers, etc.) for the highest quality factory like conversion.

If there are questions regarding details of the swap or components, I am happy to respond with additional pictures and explanation anytime.

Thanks!

Koji.

#6 Guest_Koji_*

Guest_Koji_*

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:13 AM

On a more on topic note. That's a super clean looking car, good luck with the sale, I think I read on of the issues it was in.

I think I know who I'm going to call to back me up in a fight now... :)

Thanks for the positive comments and support!

Koji.

#7 rayaapp2

rayaapp2
  • LocationPrunedale, Ca. 93907

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:48 PM

Seriously if anyone is looking at buying the car, have a good look at the article in the above mentioned Magazine. Ive read through it. Its very thorough and very clean!
PROVE ME WRONG, I DARE YOU!! Then you're Teaching me for free!
Tony's Noble Truths :
Truth 1 "The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know."
Truth 2 "You don't know half the stuff you think you do, and the rest is questionable."

#8 jakeoster

jakeoster
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:48 PM

Nice sleeper! Good luck!
Click Here For My New 72' 240z RB25 Build -SOLD-
Posted Image

#9 BRAAP

BRAAP
  • LocationOregon

Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:03 AM

Original poster has been very transparent regarding what he is selling, where he is selling it, mods performed, unfinished items, etc.
Comments from this point on are to be regarding interest in the car. Any other comments not related to interest in the car need to be made privately to the seller, not in this thread.

Thank you,
HBZ staff.

#10 Guest_Koji_*

Guest_Koji_*

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:30 PM

Just out of curiousity I had some time this morning to do a compression test and recorded the following results:

CYL#1 141 PSI
CYL#2 141 PSI
CYL#3 140 PSI
CYL#4 140 PSI
CYL#5 141 PSI
CYL#6 141 PSI

The test was completed dry, engine warmed, all plugs removed, wide open throttle, using a Craftsman 47089 Compression Test Kit.

Serious buyers can email me for a full video of the compression test (once I get a chance to download and convert it from my video camera...). Regardless, buyer is welcome to confirm with their own test equipment, or to use a preferred local shop to test before purchase.

I'm so sad to have to let this engine go...since we usually only get the "second hand" of the "second hand" engines exported to the US, I actually had this R33 clip hand picked out of stock that was meant to stay in Japan which is why this clip was so clean and in such great condition. I didn't really need to refresh the motor, but since it was out already and would be great tech content for the article, we went ahead replaced the maintenance items anyways with all brand new OEM Nissan parts including new oil pan, water pump, idler, belts, hoses, Greddy timing belt, etc., I just wish I had the time, space and a clean S30 shell to drop this into! B)

Koji.

Edited by Koji, 17 June 2010 - 06:21 PM.

#11 Guest_Koji_*

Guest_Koji_*

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:36 PM

Looks like from the inquiries that I have received so far, I may need to sell the current wheels separately.

Updated Price:

$7750 Without SSR Watanabe RS-8 Wheels (I will include OEM M30 wheels and tires with good tread).

I may be able to reduce the price some more by removing ARK electronics, alarm, or even suspension if requested.

Let me know if you have any questions...thanks!

Koji.

#12 Guest_Koji_*

Guest_Koji_*

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:00 PM

Please close. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users