HybridZ

LS1/T56 in a 280Z

Guest JESTER3798

Guest JESTER3798

Well I finally forked over the dough for the LS1/T56 combo for the 280. I will be using the JTR method of installation. Could anyone point out some troble zones of this install or maybe some helpful tips.

ryan

Ryan, the biggest issues will come with the T56 install--use the search function in this forum under "drivetrain" and even under "Chevy" for the info you need. In fact, I think Mike Kelly's write-up is in the tech articles on the beginning page...

Welcome to the forum and good luck icon_smile.gif.

Davy

Guest JESTER3798

i read the last thread about the auto/manual setup. mine is a 99 ls1 with t56 that came aout of the car as a complete unit so i think i wont have to worry about flashing the computer.

lone star if your reading this do you have any helpfull hints in the install and also what driveshaft did you use. any body mods due to increase in hp

tia

ryan

Guest JESTER3798

i have been oing a lot of searches lone just trying to get all the info i can before i start. just started geting the l82 ready to come out. by the way is there a market for people who might want the l82 and the 4 spped it came with. if so whats ball park on what its goin for with about 75000 on the odo.

tia

ryan