HybridZ

From The Ashes

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's been quite a while. I've been crunched with school and work over the past few months. However, I got some time off and am back at it. I got the old L24 ready to pull and should have it out by tomorrow. As it would be, sunny San Diego turned cold and rainy the day I decided to get out and get cracking on it. Didn't get any pictures today because there is nothing interesting yet. I'm really hoping to get the RB in and maybe even running by the end of the week.

As for the girl, the write up was a bit out of initial excitement. It didn't last very long as it turned out she had one heck of a smoking habit which is one of my pet peeves. We only went out once after we first met. It was an odd thing, even by my standards haha. Oh well, more money and attention for the fairlady.

I'll keep the Z updates a-rollin...

Edited by jakeoster

^possibly, he's still got a few.

Well, today I hit stride. I pulled the stock R180 and related stuff out and swapped in an R200 with all the necessary parts. Then I dropped the driveshaft. Finally, as the sun was beginning to set I pulled the old L24 and 5 speed trans. I even got it sold and literally took it out and plopped it in the buyers truck in one fell swoop. When I hit stride and am completely soaked in grease, grime, antifreeze, and tranny fluid I don't have the want to goop up my phone to take pictures. I'll have some up eventually haha I promise. The work will continue tomorrow...

I just competed an order to a certain Arizona Z Car for some much needed parts ;) will update when I receive then. The Z should be a lot better suited for the likes of an RB this time around, as you may have remembered my 280z from my previous build...

Edited by jakeoster

Well I made up a mount and got everything all mounted up. Shouldn't be too long until first fire up now. Should happen sometime within the week when I can find some time between school and work.

Can't wait :D

WOOTZ! I really want an RB for my z. :(

Well I made up a mount and got everything all mounted up. Shouldn't be too long until first fire up now. Should happen sometime within the week when I can find some time between school and work.

Can't wait :D

WOOTZ! I really want an RB for my z. :(

When I was building the 280z last time I believe the geometry was off on the car. It caused some issues and there seemed to be about the width of a quarter between the engine mount and the insulator after I drove it a few times. I was never able to get it to sit right.

Well this time I spent quite a while and made sure the geometry was spot on. Checked checked then rechecked. It should be perfect this time.

Edited by jakeoster