HybridZ

Which LSX Oil Pans Will Fit?

I am looking for an oil pan, and I know the most common one to use in an S30 conversion is the F body pan. However, the CTS-V pan isn't much different dimensionally. I was just wondering what kind of clearance (k member and ground) those using the JTR swap kit have.

Here is a quick link to the dimensions of the pans.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids/817787-lsx-oil-pans.html

The quicker the reply, the better, as i located a STEAL. I might buy it just cause.

Just to put the info out there. I'm running a c5 corvette oil pan (bat wing). It fits great. I don't have to worry about header clearance though because I'm running forward facing manifolds for a turbo.

I see. I might see if I can use stock manifolds (or truck manifolds) for the time being, as it will be NA for a while. ;)

I see. I might see if I can use stock manifolds (or truck manifolds) for the time being, as it will be NA for a while. ;)

I know for sure that '98-'99 F-Body manifolds will work, done it for a customer trying to save a few bucks. I cut off the stock collector flanges and welded on a generic 3-hole for ease of making something that will bolt up to an exhaust.

I know for sure that '98-'99 F-Body manifolds will work, done it for a customer trying to save a few bucks. I cut off the stock collector flanges and welded on a generic 3-hole for ease of making something that will bolt up to an exhaust.

Ok. If I do any cutting and welding to the manifolds they will be getting V-bands. I am done messing around with slip fit and tri-flange. Both are such headaches.

• 4 weeks later...

LHX do a custom cast one that looks promising for our S30 and S130 Z cars, Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LHX-Custom-Cast-GM-ls1-swap-oil-pan-conversion-LH8-ls2-/320554389641

I believe it measures 5.5" high at the back, 13" long for the thin front part which is 1.5" high but check on all that and post it up.

post-185-098118600 1279503634_thumb.jpg

Edited by 260DET

yeah, I guess you could just throw money at the problem? F-body pans can be bad for around $200, complete. That's the route that I ended up going. Those aftermarket pans are nice, If you MUST have one, but I think that's money that could be spent on something a little more prudent.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cable, which windage try do you use on the LS2 with the F body pan?

If you are running the F-Body pan, its best to use the matching windage tray. The truck tray can be modified to fit, but they aren't pricey enough to bother.

• 3 years later...