HybridZ

240z Camshft oiler tube gaskets

ciavola

I just finished putting mine together the other day and I noticed that same thing.there ar little gaskets on that cam oiler tube and they seemed like they were a little tired.I ran some carb clean in it and shot a little compressed air to see if all the holes were clear.Everything seemed ok especially around the gasket area.Do you absolutely need to replace them?

• Administrators

I build my own using a sheet of gasket paper available from most auto parts stores. Helps to have a gasket punch set to punch the small hole,s bolt and oil feed.

Hope that helps,

Paul

I build my own using a sheet of gasket paper available from most auto parts stores. Helps to have a gasket punch set to punch the small hole,s bolt and oil feed.

Hope that helps,

Paul

manila folder is what I make mine out of...

Indeed I have done the same. Just use a hammer and tap around the edges. Eventually it cuts itself out and then you have to punch out the holes for oil/water/bolts/whatever.

If manila folders are good at 6500 rpms to seal grease in a centrifugal compressor coupling with an 8" O.D., I think it will handle some static sealing duties.

A Coke Carton (Or Budweiser...the stuff with the metallic paint on it) works wonders as well.

But manila folder is a standard gasketing material. Like you said, the stock stuff is a bit thinner (vellumoid) but unless you have access to it, you are kinda limited. Manila folders are a great gasket material! Everybody seems to be able to get them. The heavier brown ones are good for carb top gaskets, etc...

To Paraphrase Dogbert: "Better Racing through theft of Office Supplies"! :D