HybridZ

280zxt dizzy and Direct firing

Ronaldo1973

Hey guys, not many haltech fans here but this a general question I would be happy to see your response here, anyway I have acquired a haltech platinum 2000 ECU, and am planning to run direct firing using LSx coils (they have integrated ignitors as u know) and as I know 280zxt ( 83 ) dizzy have both crank and cam sensors integrated within the dizzy, the question is Can I use these sensors as inputs for the ECU to run direct firing?

I know there many other methods to run direct firing such as using 36-1 trigger + 1 home, which means you can install 36-1 trigger wheel on the crank (AKA ford trg wheel) and 1 tooth cam sensor (it could be done by removing 5 teeth from VR wheel on a 81 dizzy :?: ) correct me if am wrong ! :D

By the way it is a 240z, L28et

Regards

Ron

• 5 months later...

you should just use the trigger wheel out of the maxima or the z31 distributor.....that way you have the 360 degree marks and the six trigger marks with a larger home window...... I have installed 5 of these on z's useing the platinum sport 1000 and 2000...... you could also then just select the nissan trigger and be done...

Please make sure you have a wideband before you play with tuning...

Paul