HybridZ

Post your Intercooler setup.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im using a 2" to 2.5" 90* elbow right off the stock t3. 2.5" all the way to the 60mm TB. I figured it would be the smoothest way to transition from the two sizes and 2.5" inlet/outlet inter coolers are plentiful. used an ebay kit and had left over parts but I didn't go under the motor or anything fancy. My cold side is rather long as it comes from the passenger side fresh air hole in the core support, I dont like the idea of adding more bends and trading cooler air for less efficiency. One of the reasons I went bar and plate for the IC.

Thanks :) what ebay kit did you buy? i bought one(2.5"), but i think i will need more piping.

• 3 weeks later...

I just mocked up my intercooler piping today. I got the aluminum pipe and couplers from http://www.siliconeintakes.com/ ;) I have a cheap ebay T3/T04E and the piping is 2" off the turbo then necks up to 2.5" at the intercooler then into the throttle body. I just need to order a 2.75" to 2.5" adapter now for the throttle body because I didn't realize my 240sx throttle body is a little bigger than 2.5" I need to order some 3" stuff for the intake into the turbo too and a nice K&N filter, then once the fuel lines and surge tank are mounted, the megasquirt wired up, and the exhaust and wastegate welded up this baby will be on the road again! (Oh yea and a custom driveshaft)

This shiny new motor is going to make my old faded paint look even worse!

I got this trick BOV coupler from silicone intakes too. Pointing down is the only way I could get the Type RFL BOV to fit. This saved me from having to buy the equipment to weld aluminum or pay someone to do it.

It's gonna be pretty tight between the fan and the motor. I think there is enough clearance though. Once I tighten the clamps I can get about 1/4" clearance on each side of the pipe. I might rigidly mount this pipe to the motor if there is any problem with it hitting the fan.

Edited by RB26powered74zcar
Images way to large. Please resize before posting.

Cannonball89, it looks nice but why run the cold pipe behind the radiator?

It works better if you have the drivers side be the cold pipe so that it is only an S bend to the throttle body.

How is that setup wrong? Its exactly as you describe it should be. The cold side is going directly to the throttle body.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Is anyone running water to air intercooler here. I was thinking about running one and using my old condensor core from the ac to cool the water. Piping should be a snap too.

And for Sh#*s and giggles throw a few peltier junction cooler in between the tank and intercooler.

Any thoughts?

Nick

Edited by Nhuwar

• 3 weeks later...

photo16.jpg

photo17.jpg

photo18.jpg

photo19.jpg

Mine is composed of 2.5 inch Oreillys/pep boys exhaust tubing, a Tial 50mm BOV, and an Isuzu intercooler. Runs in between the steering shaft and the frame rail, under the motor, around the oil filter, up between the filter and the starter, through the Firewall into the V mounted IC, out past the IAT sensor, the BOV and into the TB