HybridZ

What are your sources to buy parts?

timestep

Getting parts for these old cars are notoriously difficult. I've called a million places for parts from wreckers to JDM importers.

No one has anything. I'm based in Toronto Canada, so our winters are pretty harsh to these cars, and I'm not surprised that these cars have disappeared around here.

What have other people done to source parts? What about people living in my region? Did you guys import them? If so how?

My specific case is getting a L28ET... and i know how popular this engine is making it THAT much more diffiuclt to get.

PS please don't close my thread for redundancy. i've done alot of searching :[

Edited by timestep

As far as sourcing a motor, I've had luck using online "junkyard" sites per say. All theses websites consist of is an inventory database and it will usually give a very brief description of the motor by using abbreviations (Ex: OP 45 = Oil pressure tested 45 psi).

I will admit, an L28ET isn't going to be an easy one, but they're out there. The first one webought was out of Georgia for ~$500 shipped to our door and the second one was in a town ~60 miles away (this was sheer luck!). Luckily, both of these motors have shown up in pretty good condition. Good luck!

Inventory site:

http://car-part.com/

I picked up a full gasketset and piston rings for $130 each locally. Im about an hour from you. Parts havent been hard so far.

I can get you a whole 280zx for like $1200. Sparco seats, centerforce clutch etc.