HybridZ

1971 240z rb25det build thread

5thgenluder

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Update. No pictures of this one. Installed Sti rear diff. Install was straight forward but not as easy as I had hoped. Lots of very stuck on bolts. Haven't beat on it in the slightest but I can say the car feels like it holds the road better in turns and the gearing feels much better. Car pulls much better.

More on the way. With pics next time.

• 2 months later...

Wheel question for all you gurus out there. Looking at some wheels that come in 4x114.3 in a 15x8.5 -6 or 15. And 15x9.5 0 or 15 offset. I have coilovers and will be running flares. I am open to stagger sizes but don't know what would fit best. All my searches are 15x9 wheels. Any advice would help.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the pics, I ended up ordering the reverse color scheme in their last March madness sale, just received them.. on my new gauges (4.5" & 2-5/8"), when you look up close, the tick marks on the gauges are printed with jagged lines not straight (my full Mark on the fuel gauge is especially bad), are yours the same? Having a blue needle shows a lot of light spill through the warning lights, yours isn't as noticeable in red.. emailed them to see what they can do for me.

Did you have a chance to compare the factory driveshaft to the aftermarket shaft you received.

i was considering the rb20 for the seamless bolt in affair, even though i would have no problem making mounts for the rb26/5.

Edited by xero_xero

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great build, thanks for such an informative thread.

I had a 5th gen Prelude for about 10 years... were you on PreludeOnline.com?

Few questions, do you have any pics of the modifications you made for the engine mounts to allow for better clearance?

Also, for the Sti rear diff, did you have to make any modifications to your mckinney drive shaft?

Last question is where did you buy your engine/trans from, and would your recommend them?

I may be going a similar route as you, and this thread will be VERY useful

Thanks!

Edited by terse

• 1 month later...

Do you know the length of your propshaft or would you be able to find out for me? For a number of reasons I don't want to buy the McKinney prop (not able to get in contact, import duty and tax, shipping, want to use a GTS-T diff flange instead of a 260Z one) This means I need to get a shaft built but in order not hold my build up by waiting to fit the engine to take measurements I need the correct length before I start. Would be a big help if you could as I would be able to get the prop build and have it waiting for me ready for when I'm home in the short time I'll have for my project.