HybridZ

removing a california Z widebody

mnmkiv

ok so i am trying ot part out my drag car and it has what i am told is a california Z wide body kit. now i know i can simply un bolt the front fenders but my question is can i some how remove the fender flares in the rear??? not the best pic but at least you can get an idea what i am talking about.

any advise on how to get it off?? thanks

P5200059prt2.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Flares were a seperate piece so you would have to cut them off or you could just cut the whole fender off.

Okay. I found some larger fender pieces that already have flares in them here http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/240z.html. Scroll down to see pics of the 4 inch fender flares. I think they are fiberglass though and not metal. I wanted to find some metal replacement fenders and bolt on the fronts, and weld in the rears. I'm thinking they don't exist... :(

Edit: I don't think they are letting me post links yet since I am so new. The website is www. showcars-bodyparts dot com/240z.html.

Edited by mxgsfmdpx

Just do a search of showcars and read the horror stories. If you want metal flares do a search for Modded VW bug flares.

I am okay with having fiberglass front fenders with flares already in them, those I can find and they just bolt in. It's the rears that are causing concern. I'd rather weld in a replacement metal rear fender with flares, then try and blend in a fiberglass piece to the metal.

guy, i will trade you a very clean 280z shell for that car...that way you dont have to hack it up...im sure alot of other people wanting to stick a v8 in these would be willing to trade as well. Why cut up a car if its already done instead of just getting another shell and swapping whatever you want/need from that car over?