HybridZ

Throttle body upgrade with TPS sensor for MS, N/A 1978 280Z

2s2mad

Hello,

I am looking for a throttle body upgrade for my slightly modified 280Z.

It will run a ported and polished head, MS fuel only management, turbo injectors and header with bigger exhaust system.

So I am looking for something with a TPS sensor and that would be bolt-on on the stock intake manifold and throttle linkage.

Thanks

The TPS in the picture looks like a stock one. You need a 240sx TPS. To be honest, If your looking for performance you might as well save your money for something else. If just for the clean look of the 240sx TB, go for it.

Edited by Challenger

You are saying that I should look for something else than a 240SX throttle body?

You are correct it's a stock 280Z TPS.

Since I am getting more fuel, I thought the 240SX Throttle body was the way to go to get more air?

Thanks

Also I think the stock cablep pulley on the 240sx Tb is made to where the throttle opening doesnt open at a linear rate. I dont have one to look at but If I recall from when I had one the first small section of pulling the cable opens it slowly and as you pull on the cable more the faster it opens. It helps with light throttle application, the throttle wont be as on/off. This problem would be amplified with the stock linkage. Youd have to figure it out, but as an example you might have the equivalent of the original full throttle when the 60mm is opened only 3/4 of the way. Which means youve really only given yourself a shorter push on the throttle for the same power, which doesnt seem beneficial.