HybridZ

Vacuum formed kick panel speaker pods.

Derek

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First let me say these are incredible and the price is nice. Does this use the shallow mount 5.25" speakers?

http://www.amazon.com/Cadence-Acoustics-FXC5Ki-5-25-Inch-Component/dp/B003PJ6TRG/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1288880277&sr=8-22

The FXC5Ki has a mounting depth of 2.15-in

http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Reference-5032cf-Performance-Loudspeaker/dp/B002BZE36E/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1288880327&sr=8-5

The Alpine's mounting depth is 2.25"

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TS-G1343R-5-25-Inch-2-Way-Speakers/dp/B002KOGQEI/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1288880458&sr=8-9

The Pioneer is mounting depth is only 1-13/16"

It seems you could lower the profile of the kick panels. If you went with 2.25" then it would still accommodate a number of options. I'm not sure if your vacuum forming set-up accommodates such changes.

Nice work Derek. You make the stuff from Unique Autosports, on TV, look like child's play.

Wow thanks. But I'll tell you it's amazing what good equipment can do for you!

Got the panels. They look awesome, Derek, Thanks! They will take some cutting to fit them into my '74 260Z, it looks like, but I expected that based on what everyone else has been doing. I will post some pictures when i get to the point where I can actually put them in.

Well I didn't know you were putting them in a 260. You were smart to withhold that from me.:) If the panels are useable with minor mods then great. We'll know what it takes to fit the 260/280 cars. If they just won't work and new panels need to be made and you can supply me with the data I need I'll send you the first set of the panels no charge for your time.

Let me know if that works for you.

Derek

Wow thanks. But I'll tell you it's amazing what good equipment can do for you!

Well I didn't know you were putting them in a 260. You were smart to withhold that from me.:) If the panels are useable with minor mods then great. We'll know what it takes to fit the 260/280 cars. If they just won't work and new panels need to be made and you can supply me with the data I need I'll send you the first set of the panels no charge for your time.

Let me know if that works for you.

Derek

Haha, Sounds like a plan. I'll get them in their as soon as I can than. Possibly this Sunday. Let me know what "data" you need.

Those are absolutely awesome! I'll take a set!

I'd LOVE to get a set of door panels!!!

I love what this member did - I was going to do something similar, but if you could make them using your process they'd be much nicer!

I'd consider some one offs as well - PM me!

post-154-010555100 1290779273_thumb.jpg

post-154-083571700 1290779273_thumb.jpg

post-154-035555100 1290779274_thumb.jpg

post-154-031630900 1290779275_thumb.jpg

Can these be modified very easily to fit a 79-83 ZX? Maybe some cutting and FG work? These look perfect for what I'm trying to do in my project so far. Seriously pro work.

Thanks.

Well anything will work with enough effort! I really think someone with more knowledge than myself about the ZX would be qualified to answer. I haven't set foot in one since 1979.

I may be willing to form 2 pods onto a sheet and sell you that. you could then cut out the shape as you like. It would be a little tricky as the ribs and channels I put in there give it the strength. With just the pod it will be kind of floppy.

Derek

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...