HybridZ

My 5 year (hopefully) total conversion build! First in the world hopefully too

Well, Im tired of the reliability issues of the VG30DE motor. She spends more time in the garage being repaired on the road. The only reason there are so few miles on the Z (21K in 5 years) is because she always breaks down!!!!

So I am heavily contemplating entering the world of blasphemous LSx motor swap! I dont have all of the details completed yet, but I may be one of the first in the world with this specific swap! Many people are tossing in older LSx motors, but I do plan to toss in an LS7 or LS9 matched with a T56 or some kind of sequential air shift drag transmission (paddle shift, YAY). Already waiting on the company to release the bolt in kit. Have the driveshaft company picked out.

Only thing is Im not sure if I want to do an ITB setup or a twin rear mounted turbo setup! Maybe both! HAH! I have to pla 5 years for this for the simple cost of it all! Maybe this is a pipe dream, but maybe it will come into reality! Who knows.

Discuss! :)

Well, Im tired of the reliability issues of the VG30DE motor. She spends more time in the garage being repaired on the road. The only reason there are so few miles on the Z (21K in 5 years) is because she always breaks down!!!!

So I am heavily contemplating entering the world of blasphemous LSx motor swap! I dont have all of the details completed yet, but I may be one of the first in the world with this specific swap! Many people are tossing in older LSx motors, but I do plan to toss in an LS7 or LS9 matched with a T56 or some kind of sequential air shift drag transmission (paddle shift, YAY). Already waiting on the company to release the bolt in kit. Have the driveshaft company picked out.

Only thing is Im not sure if I want to do an ITB setup or a twin rear mounted turbo setup! Maybe both! HAH! I have to pla 5 years for this for the simple cost of it all! Maybe this is a pipe dream, but maybe it will come into reality! Who knows.

Discuss! :)

You'd be better off selling the whole 300zx with the motor running and instead putting the funds towards an early Z LSX conversion

Im not interested in old Z-Cars. Ill keep my Z32!

Spoken just like noob.

---------------------------------------------------------

I think I can count on one hand how many successful LSx swaps into Z32's. Unless you have extreme fabrication skills and/or deep pockets, you are going to be in for it on this one.

Then again if you have the coin to drop on a LS7/LS9, paddle shifter trans, etc, then you have enough coin (or high enough limit on the credit card) to go for it.

Spoken just like noob.

---------------------------------------------------------

I think I can count on one hand how many successful LSx swaps into Z32's. Unless you have extreme fabrication skills and/or deep pockets, you are going to be in for it on this one.

Then again if you have the coin to drop on a LS7/LS9, paddle shifter trans, etc, then you have enough coin (or high enough limit on the credit card) to go for it.

Yep - you can try to mentor and coach the noobs from spending a ton of time, money and effort on something with very little chance of success, but it seems most like to learn their lessons the hard way so I say - PLEASE show us a well executed conversion! BUT if you don't have deep pockets - don't start the project! The real kicker is " a well executed conversion"... I 've seen way too many half assed attempts that are simply not safe for the road that take a pretty good car and turn it into a total POS

• 2 weeks later...

Yep - you can try to mentor and coach the noobs from spending a ton of time, money and effort on something with very little chance of success, but it seems most like to learn their lessons the hard way so I say - PLEASE show us a well executed conversion! BUT if you don't have deep pockets - don't start the project! The real kicker is " a well executed conversion"... I 've seen way too many half assed attempts that are simply not safe for the road that take a pretty good car and turn it into a total POS

AND THIS, it always sounds like a good idea until you put pen to paper and find out your building a 30k car that wont ever be completed, and probably never run. Sometimes you just have to figure out the hard way. I lost $2-3k in the first year of my build before i realized that simple is usually better.

• 4 weeks later...