#41 fyanrudger

fyanrudger

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:21 PM

If you don't mind sharing, where and for how much did you get the CD009? 

#42 Nelsonian

Nelsonian

HybridZ Supporter

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:30 PM

No problem. After looking at all the regular places, local Craigslist, Ebay etc... and finding first series, garbage 350Z versions improperly labeled as Cd009's and even a very few legitimate used CD009's with a steep asking price and a long distance away for shipping, I decided to spend a little more for a brand new one. I purchased it new through Z1 Motorsports in Georgia and had it shipped to my place of work saving $50 on the shipping for a total of $1900. Company was very easy to work with, answered all of my questions and sent it out in a timely fashion. Eventually the next move will be to either cut and weld the shifter arm bracket to appropriate placement or look into Hokes nicely made re-locator and finally get a short shifter arm. 

https://www.z1motors...ion-p-3342.html

Edited by Nelsonian, 27 December 2016 - 06:31 PM.

Nelsonian, San Diego, CA.

#43 duragg

duragg

Kilopost Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1188 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:18 AM

Anybody recall seeing a picture of a gusset that ties the hub and shock tower?  Keep them from flexing?  I thought you had one Nelsonian.  Can't seem to find.

Edited by duragg, 10 January 2017 - 08:18 AM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1973 S30 (Gutted & caged NASA ST3) 2252lbs (dry & vacant) / VQ35HR/ 4.375 CLSD R200 / GC-Koni doubles / 275 R7s / Safety is a priority.

#44 Nelsonian

Nelsonian

HybridZ Supporter

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:57 PM

Anybody recall seeing a picture of a gusset that ties the hub and shock tower?  Keep them from flexing?  I thought you had one Nelsonian.  Can't seem to find.

Just getting around to seeing that question. Did you ever find the pics you were searching for ?

Small update as I have been patiently awaiting my front fiberglass Rocket Bunny bumper that I purchased through Greddy Performance back in the beginning of November. I was  happy with anticipation as I unwrapped it from the bubble wrap last Tuesday. That was until I completely removed it and held it in the light to see just how unfinished the end caps were with what appeared to be missing material in some spots and non sanded areas in others. I first thought it must have been damaged on route from Japan to Greddy, but have decided it must be the process of adding the end caps last and not putting much effort into smoothing. Either way it is the most unfinished fiberglass piece I have ever bought out of a full Subtle Z kit, Jim Cook racing rear low profile spoiler, three piece IMSA spoiler and lastly a MSA BRE style spoiler. I sent an email with pics to Greddy on the following day with no response, so I called the next day. I was told that they receive so many spam emails to that address so I tried the direct address from my invoice with again no response on their part. I took a chance on this bumper fitting up with the front Subtle Z from Ztrix.com, and will have to fill in some areas to get proper gaps all around. I really like how the pointed wedge shape of the bumper hints at the G-nose look.

The only other thing I have been working on was getting some Volk wheels spoke stickers in red as I had seen on the FuguZ car. I ordered some 17" red stickers from the TE37 SL model only to find out they were too long for my TE37 V models due to the stepped lips on the V's. After some more research I discovered the FuguZ was using a 2015 limited edition model (Te37 VSL). I had the company ACG automotive whom I purchased the wheels from contact Mackin Industries to see if any were still available for purchasing. None were left and the helpful suggestion and actions of ACG's sales staff, (Emily Taylor) helped me with having some identical stickers made by neighboring company Zero Paint for much less than the original Volk stickers.

I plan to fill in the excess indention's of where the Subtle Z fenders and lower air dam meet at side profile. I will also add more fiberglass to the inner area of the bumper where it curves on the ends to keep an even gap. Pics of the bumper and wrong size spoke stickers included.

Counting down the days until Feb 23 as I have an 11 day surf trip planned to Costa Rica , so car progress will slow as a result due to low funds.  

Attached Files

Edited by Nelsonian, 18 February 2017 - 09:53 PM.

#45 Nelsonian

Nelsonian

HybridZ Supporter

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:28 PM

Just a little bit of a progress update with rectifying the first Rocket Bunny front bumper that was in dire need of finishing. I received an email from Greddy stating another bumper was on it's way on Feb 22 the day before I was to leave for Costa Rica. Not sure what was the deal as no one from Greddy had gotten in contact with me prior to this odd email.

I went on my trip and saw big iguanas, Capuchin and spider monkeys, parrots, heard howler monkeys as well as a big toucan in one jungle house we rented down the southern end of CR at Pavoni's just above Panama. Stayed on the North Pacific side at Camaronal, then Pavoni's down south and finished off the trip at Playa Hermosa with every spot delivering good quality surf.

So coming back home I see no box had been delivered and called once again to Greddy to explain my situation with the messed up bumper. I finally got a hold of Greddy and with the help of Mike in sales sent my pictures to TRA Pandem in Japan to which they made me a new bumper and sent it for free to my business address. I just picked it up from Fedex today and upon inspection was happy to see a more finished piece. I was told by Mike on Friday that they were rushing to get it done and sent out to me so there is the smallest amount of sanding needed on the middle line of the front facing wedge which is no big deal at all. I am happy with Mike from Greddy helping me rectify this and keeping up good communication after we established my problems. So now I have the original one that I will add fiberglass in the low spots and sand then paint black and put up for sale. That's about it for the current new parts, but am working on getting HKS 264* cams and all Ferrea valve train for the next items to mark off the "to get list". 

Attached Files

Edited by Nelsonian, 25 March 2017 - 02:35 PM.

#46 boosted300

boosted300

Always Here

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:22 PM

I love hearing stories of people making things right...because it happens so rarely.

Glad it worked out for you.

#47 Nelsonian

Nelsonian

HybridZ Supporter

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:11 PM

Yeah, one of the few times it all worked out. On a non Z related note. A short while ago my father had been cleaning out his garage in NC and sent me this new, unused Moto Meter in all it's original box with literature that my grandfather had packed in his garage of auto goodies from many, many years ago. He was a mechanic for Buick and had a 1920 Buick which I wonder if this part was intended for. Thought it was cool and a nice reminder of my Grandpa none the less.

Attached Files

#48 boosted300

boosted300

Always Here

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:59 AM

Man that is so cool...those things are collectors items.

#49 Nelsonian

Nelsonian

HybridZ Supporter

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:55 PM

Well today was a good day as almost the last box delivered today brought me so much closer to completing my engine refresh/upgrade. Earlier this month I placed an order with Dusty at MVP Motorsports in Bridgeport, Texas for a set of GSC Power Division S1 269* cams and all new Brian Crower valve train. I contacted about five of the most prominent JZ parts suppliers to ask opinions and preferences for all these parts. It was a great experience dealing with MVP and Dusty in particular as he did not try to sway me to any one brand as some of the other JZ parts suppliers did which I somewhat expected of some of them. It came down to Kelford or GSC and I chose the GSC for the cams. It was nice to buy online without having to pay CA tax and also pickup in person from Brian Crower as they are very close to me, so also saved on no shipping fees. The only thing I'm in need of now are OEM Toyota valve seats and my ARP rod bolts and main studs. I went with BC +1 mm oversize ss valves and single springs with titanium retainers. Going to have the head lightly ported to improve flow.

I later called back to MVP and also placed an order for ACL main and rod bearings and thrust washers to round out the bottom end. I still plan on using the stock crank , rods and pistons after having them inspected and cleaned. The other parts I am waiting to pick up are the group buy in from member (Woza01) for rear caliper bracket to accommodate Wilwood MC4 parking brakes calipers, (Which I still need to get). I am having my set of brackets powder coated in the closest shade of red to somewhat match the Arizona Z anodized pieces. Won't get those back until this Friday at the earliest.

I also met with Stuart the body and paint guy in regards to my fg front Rocket Bunny bumper and we decided to use the first one sent and I will end up selling the remade second one as opposed to original plan. I have also been coming back to my original idea of fender venting and am still pondering my initial plan to use the Hyundai gills or go with a current BMW X5 inspired single vent closer to the front wheel well. I hate having OCD  and bound by details so much all the time.

That's about all for now as I still need to finish paying for all this crap and start saving for the next items.  

Pics of mentioned topics included.  The last four are of conceptual ideas for venting, but by no means permanently set to size or placement....  

Attached Files

Edited by Nelsonian, 01 May 2017 - 08:05 PM.

#50 Nelsonian

Nelsonian

HybridZ Supporter

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:16 PM

Finally received the rest of my engine parts, consisting of  ARP rod bolts and main studs and OEM Toyota washer plates to complete my order. The only two items left to build the whole engine would be to get forged rods and pistons. Don't think my power goals necessarily demand this as well as my wallet telling me that I can't afford them.   

I also got my Wilwood custom rear MC4  parking brake caliper mount back from the powder coaters. I had it done in the closest red color to the existing aluminum anodized red brackets from AZC. Not a complete match but it will do. I still have to lightly paint the areas which I had taped off as not to build up the powder coating on them. I also will need to get the MC4 calipers, but in no rush on them for now.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users