#41 fyanrudger

fyanrudger

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:21 PM

If you don't mind sharing, where and for how much did you get the CD009? 

#42 Nelsonian

Nelsonian

HybridZ Supporter

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:30 PM

No problem. After looking at all the regular places, local Craigslist, Ebay etc... and finding first series, garbage 350Z versions improperly labeled as Cd009's and even a very few legitimate used CD009's with a steep asking price and a long distance away for shipping, I decided to spend a little more for a brand new one. I purchased it new through Z1 Motorsports in Georgia and had it shipped to my place of work saving $50 on the shipping for a total of $1900. Company was very easy to work with, answered all of my questions and sent it out in a timely fashion. Eventually the next move will be to either cut and weld the shifter arm bracket to appropriate placement or look into Hokes nicely made re-locator and finally get a short shifter arm. 

https://www.z1motors...ion-p-3342.html

Edited by Nelsonian, 27 December 2016 - 06:31 PM.

Nelsonian, San Diego, CA.

#43 duragg

duragg

Kilopost Member

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1188 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:18 AM

Anybody recall seeing a picture of a gusset that ties the hub and shock tower?  Keep them from flexing?  I thought you had one Nelsonian.  Can't seem to find.

Edited by duragg, 10 January 2017 - 08:18 AM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1973 S30 (Gutted & caged NASA ST3) 2252lbs (dry & vacant) / VQ35HR/ 4.375 CLSD R200 / GC-Koni doubles / 275 R7s / Safety is a priority.

#44 Nelsonian

Nelsonian

HybridZ Supporter

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 4 weeks ago

Anybody recall seeing a picture of a gusset that ties the hub and shock tower?  Keep them from flexing?  I thought you had one Nelsonian.  Can't seem to find.

Just getting around to seeing that question. Did you ever find the pics you were searching for ?

Small update as I have been patiently awaiting my front fiberglass Rocket Bunny bumper that I purchased through Greddy Performance back in the beginning of November. I was  happy with anticipation as I unwrapped it from the bubble wrap last Tuesday. That was until I completely removed it and held it in the light to see just how unfinished the end caps were with what appeared to be missing material in some spots and non sanded areas in others. I first thought it must have been damaged on route from Japan to Greddy, but have decided it must be the process of adding the end caps last and not putting much effort into smoothing. Either way it is the most unfinished fiberglass piece I have ever bought out of a full Subtle Z kit, Jim Cook racing rear low profile spoiler, three piece IMSA spoiler and lastly a MSA BRE style spoiler. I sent an email with pics to Greddy on the following day with no response, so I called the next day. I was told that they receive so many spam emails to that address so I tried the direct address from my invoice with again no response on their part. I took a chance on this bumper fitting up with the front Subtle Z from Ztrix.com, and will have to fill in some areas to get proper gaps all around. I really like how the pointed wedge shape of the bumper hints at the G-nose look.

The only other thing I have been working on was getting some Volk wheels spoke stickers in red as I had seen on the FuguZ car. I ordered some 17" red stickers from the TE37 SL model only to find out they were too long for my TE37 V models due to the stepped lips on the V's. After some more research I discovered the FuguZ was using a 2015 limited edition model (Te37 VSL). I had the company ACG automotive whom I purchased the wheels from contact Mackin Industries to see if any were still available for purchasing. None were left and the helpful suggestion and actions of ACG's sales staff, (Emily Taylor) helped me with having some identical stickers made by neighboring company Zero Paint for much less than the original Volk stickers.

I plan to fill in the excess indention's of where the Subtle Z fenders and lower air dam meet at side profile. I will also add more fiberglass to the inner area of the bumper where it curves on the ends to keep an even gap. Pics of the bumper and wrong size spoke stickers included.

Counting down the days until Feb 23 as I have an 11 day surf trip planned to Costa Rica , so car progress will slow as a result due to low funds.  

Attached Files

Edited by Nelsonian, 4 weeks ago.

Nelsonian, San Diego, CA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users