HybridZ

Help with swapping 88 n/a Harness, Ecu, Maf into l28et

Daphur280

Let me begin by asking do not tell me to use SEARCH, I've done it for a few days and PM'ed a few on here and have come up with a nothing insightful with what I'm doing.

And I'll also state I think i've combed over this thread several times and haven't seen a "write-up" on dropping in the z31 harness onto the '83 L28et, unless I happened to miss it in there, which I honestly feel I didn't.

My overal goal is to get the '88 ecu, maf, and harness in there after I have NIStune installed, so the engine can finally run properly (long epic story of failure behind it).

>>Also I've downloaded XenonZ31's FSM for the '88 and it's a little difficult to follow the wiring diagram, can't tell for sure, but it almost looks like everything within the FSM applies to the turbo model only which isn't helpful because I have the N/A ecu, EFI harness and MAF.

If anyone can point me in the write direction or explain "thoroughly" how to swap the harness out, I would be eternally greatful.

• 1 month later...

With the z31, the turbo/n/a ecu/harness is the same thing. The tune in the ecu will be different but if you are using Nistune that will not matter. Some useful reading would be Drax's sticky post out turbo swaps (there is some wiring info there) Also Afshin's z31 maf swap post (it will explain the differences from the l28et to z31 wiring (which is almost the same) You can also find a FSM here.. nicoclub.com/FSM